Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 10:00 AM   #1

Back up Camera, lost signal

I have a Precept 31UL. The back up Voyager camera stop working. I get the message "No signal" on the Jensen display. I talk to the factory, they said most likely a bad connection. I checked the connection at the back of the display (even swap inputs with the mirror camera, they work on the rear camera display input, but no signal when connecting rear carbel to mirror display input. The connection at the camera is hardwired.
So my question, is there another connection under the MH someplace?
davedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I have a Precept 31UL. The back up Voyager camera stop working. I get the message "No signal" on the Jensen display. I talk to the factory, they said most likely a bad connection. I checked the connection at the back of the display (even swap inputs with the mirror camera, they work on the rear camera display input, but no signal when connecting rear carbel to mirror display input. The connection at the camera is hardwired.
So my question, is there another connection under the MH someplace?
I had the same problem and it was the cable running from the back to the front under the floor. When the wire harness was run during construction of the MH they were sloppy and the wires got caught by the flooring - over time with vibration the wires wore thru ... I had 3 wires that needed to be rerun because of this ...
tinman353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #3

tinman. The last part of your message didn't com thru. Did you or dealer fix it. My MH wires go to a wire harness at back of unit. Going down the road, the csmera came on for a s while. I shacken the cable a verious locations, no luck finding problem.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #4

My local RV repair shop reran the wires under warranty from Jayco. Your experience with the camera coming on and back off while driving was exactly what I experienced a short time then completely off.
tinman353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #5

Mine does that too- I'll let you know what I find when I tear into it.
Farris7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:59 PM   #6

Cure for wires

I worked at mine today. I did a continuity check and all were fine from the front to the camera input. There are four wires, the black wire and a ground wire were connected. I don't know if that's right. can't figure out what's wrong with it, because no broken wires.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #7

Updated on back up camera loss signal. I call RV camera, he explained that is another connection on the back of the coach. I pulIed out the grommet undid the connection plug the camera in at the front. The camera works They sell cables for $38 I ordered one and will install when I get it. Should fix it.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #8

I have exactly same problem in my 2015 31 UL How do you run the cable up the back of the coach from under the chasis? The normal connection is hidden inside the walls and floor.
Sv ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Updated on back up camera loss signal. I call RV camera, he explained that is another connection on the back of the coach. I pulIed out the grommet undid the connection plug the camera in at the front. The camera works They sell cables for $38 I ordered one and will install when I get it. Should fix it.
Who are you ordering the wire from? Part number? Did it fix your problem?
Farris7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #10

This is a reply two two questions;
I ordered the cable from RV camera, I frond the company on line. They are very knowledgeable, They will know the right part from your info,{ the part # was on the end of my cable, the number is the length of cable) I have a 31 ft coach ordered a 50 ft cable should have ordered longer.
Yes it did fix the problem for a while, the third time a used the coach it broke again, I have not fix it a again but I did craw under an look for the problem, I think the cable was strung to tight, not enough slack for movement of MH.
You can remove the camera from the back and plug it into the display to check out the camera.

How to string the cable down the back of coach, I couldn't finger this out, may get an wire tool for string wire in a house wall. What I did was cut the old cable in the back under the coach an splice the connector from the other end of the old cable. There are small wires I soldered then and tape the up. You can buy some small wire splicing connectors.

Good luck repairing it. This is my third MH with back up camera. In ten years no troubles before this design.