Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2017, 10:42 PM   #1

Cracks in Fiberglass

I have a 2015 Precept 35UN. I noticed cracks in the fiberglass on the front end and around the right rear tail light. I believe it's still under warranty. It was purchased in September 2015. I'll try to attached a picture of the cracks. Is anyone here familiar with this issue? How difficult is it to get it fixed?
roaddog767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:03 PM   #2

We have a 2016 35S. Have two cracks under front window on drivers side. John is going to put a fiberglass patch on the inside so they don't travel down before we can get it repaired under warranty.
JacqueTanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #3

We have a 2016 precept 35s and we had the same issue with the fiberglass cracks. Cracks were around the center back tail light and by the hood in the front. The dealer send it out to a shop that that could handle the repair. They cut out all the cracks and replaced the fiberglass. It was a big job but it's fixed correctly. I'm glad they just didn't put a bandage on it. I also had a lot of quality issues with my coach also. I'm happy to report that the dealer handled all my concerns and it's ready to go this year.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #4

Thanks so much. We don't have ours repaired yet but Jayco has been wonderful with all of our repairs and I do believe we're on the back end of our list LOL. Perhaps by summer we'll have the RV of our dreams. We've decided to use a local RV Repair Shop so we don't have to drive 200 miles round trip for repairs. We've used them before, on our Bounder, so are happy they can accommodate us. We love our Precept 35S - she's a wonderful rig.
JacqueTanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #5

I have a 2015 Precept 35un, I noticed the spider cracks around my windshield, contacted Jayco, I am bringing her in in the beginning of April for the repair. when I was talking to them they also told me to check the back end of the coach, Mine did not have any cracks in the back, my cracks are around the windshield and where the front cap meets the sidewalls. Jayco has been terrific with this so far, I sent them the pictures and the appointment was scheduled for the repair.

Good luck getting your serviced.
Nick
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:59 AM   #6

I do not have a MH, but my dealer found a spider Web crack while doing some other warranty work. They fixed it, they sent it in to a specialty shop, and you van not even see the repair. And that is on an htt that is unpainted. I would fully expect you will have it repaired to the same level.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #7

Thanks very much for the info.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #8

My 31ul front cap was damage in transit from the jayco factory to the dealer. Somebody try to repair it before delivery to the dealer. It also had spider cracks a few feet away from the damage area. Dealer noticed it before calling me to advise of the problem. Bottom line- Jayco sent out to the west coast a completely new front cap. Dealer installed it and custom painted it. Richardson rv did a fantastic job.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Dave55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #9

how long was the fix?

I really appreciate all the input folks. For those of you that had the repairs done, about how long did it take? We're currently full timing and dropping it off at an auto body shop for a week would be very difficult. I'm hoping to find a place that would let us dry camp at night at least while it's being fixed. But I think I'm probably going to have to figure something else out.
Old 03-03-2017, 06:46 AM   #10
Site Team

We had some small gel coat cracks on out rig under warranty. Jayco made arrangements thru out local dealer to take it to a local fiberglass shop.

We left it for several days. I would not want to spend the night in that building. Many strange chemical odors were present while the repair cured.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:26 AM   #11

I am dropping my coach off on a Monday Morning and picking her up Friday morning.
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #12

we had that problem, probably 30 spider webs all over the front of our precept and at the clearance lights on the rear and the backup lights. took a while yo get the dealer and jayco to respond to our concerns but finally got the front cap replaced and the cracks on the rear repaired. after repairs completed found out that the cracks were only to the paint and sealer for the fiberglass and it would have been easier and les stressful on my wife and I if we had just had that done. but that was not an option given to us. It took quite a while to get things anywhere close to our approval, still have issues but we will do the work ourselves before I let them touch it again. After replacing the front cap the dealer body shop installed the headlights wrong (looking at the moon on one side and the road about 8 ft in front of us on the other) they also broke a light mounting bracket which took weeks to get replaced. finally got the lights fixed but not by the body shop.
Terrell/Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass, fiberglass cracks