Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-14-2016, 04:47 PM   #1

Defrost/Dash air flow

The defroster/dash air flow on our used 2014 Precept has been non existent, though plenty of fan noise. Took it in to the Ford truck dealer for year end maintenance and mentioned this. Today we learn there is NO Vacuum supply to the heater controls. Its not a Ford issue so no warranty, its a coach mfg issue. Do we want them to fix it, unknown cost/hrs at $175 an hour. Well of course I want this fixed, its a huge safety issue, the kind that the DOT downs a bus/coach for immediately.
I call the RV dealer (who doesn't even do oil changes, sends them out) mention its at a Ford dealer and the issue, they call me back and tell me to bring it to them so they can take pictures to send to Jayco. I'm not sure but I think she heard me banging my head on the kitchen island before I got into my bossy mood. She wanted me to bring it in next week, I reminded her you people don't even do oil changes, you know your going to send it to the same truck dealer its presently at because your service guy said thats where you send them. How about the truck dealer emails you pictures and you forward them to Jayco.
Geez, I was so hoping this was a messed up cabin filter, but no its bigger. Hopefully its one of the only or few leaving the Jayco plant with this issue.
If your within your 2 yr Jayco warranty make sure you have defrost/dash air flow.
Malu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #2

In most cases a loose or misplaced vacuum line is culprit.
Have a mechanic access the engine area and either listen for an open vacuum line or find the misplaced line hanging loose and reconnect it.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote