Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2017, 02:25 PM   #1

Dinette to Bed Convert... Not so good.

I've got a problem with my Booth/Dinette. It does not convert to the bed very easily. in fact, it does not convert at all. I've followed the directions both times I tried, by loosening the plastic nut towards the bottom, then trying to turn the posts so that they release. But they do not release, and they do not turn. They are jammed in so tight to the underside of the table, that they don't come loose. This has resulted in my focring the top off, so that I can undo the posts.

When I forced the top though, the plastic ring, pulled all the screws out of the cheap particle board.

So the first time this happened I chalked it up to me being uneducated on the process. I reported it to my dealer, he said he'd see what he can do, and I've heard crickets for the last 4 weeks. So I turned the plastic piece, screwed it into the table again in fresh wood, and went out again. This weekend, same damn thing. Had to force the posts into the underside of the table to get it not to wiggle and bang up against the window sill, then when it was time to make it into the bed again, nothing would release, nothing would turn.

Absolutely livid about this. There has to be a better way. I can't perform the same 'repair' again, because the particle board is all chipped away, and this sure as heck shouldn't be my cost to replace, as it is clearly a defective part.

Has anyone converted to the style of table that mounts to the wall, and folds down w/out these ridiculous poles?
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:04 AM   #2

I am having the same problem on my 2007 Jayco Jayflight 27BH. I can not get the dinette table off of legs.. I don't want to use great force & break anything but getting frustrated not being able to get the table off! Have you figured it out yet??
jgrivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #3

Mine is being covered under warranty, just hasn't been replaced yet. I think the cause of the problem, is that the underside mounts for the table, are in a position that makes the poles not 90 degrees to the table, which makes the concept not work.

When the poles are out of the floor, and in the table only, they work fine, and turn as they should. Once the floor, the poles, and the table are together, they are at an agle which makes them not work as intended.

For a temporary fix, I turned the mounting holes slightly, and redrilled them into the table, but that is a weak connection. I may put a new piece of wood under the table, and re attach the mounting holes after I determine where they need to be, to be straight up and down.

Make sense?

I did speak to a Jayco rep, and he says this happens time to time, and not to worry, they'll cover it.

I'd much rather have the system that attaches to the wall instead I think. Or better yet, I should have just paid the extra money for the front over cab bunk.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote