Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2016, 12:05 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevfra View Post
Frustrated here. Bought a new 2016 35' Precept a month ago. Dealer told us some things were in the drawer, three TV remotes and the faceplate for the outside radio. Got home and found them not to be. No joy contacting the dealer, they are just ignoring it. Got in touch with Jayco customer service, no help there.

Is this how they support their hundred thousand dollar product?

Plus I contacted another dealer and they said they won't service anything they didn't sell because Jayco won't pay them the cost of warranty work for another dealer's sale. So now I'm stuck in a two year relationship with a dealer that won't cooperate or perform?
Didn't read all the replies...Jayco doesn't own your dealer, but it stinks when a bad dealership gives the brand a bad name. Call Jayco directly to get the ball rolling. They are good. I didn't get the impression from your post that you actually went to the dealership with your concerns - physically... but maybe just did some phone calls.

If phone calls aren't doing it, get in their face at the dealer. Make it known you aren't leaving until they address the missing items. Then walk around the showroom / lot and start talking to customers and salesmen about it.

There's more to this 'story'.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #22

IMO, the crux of the issue is summed up when the OP states: "Dealer told us some things were in the drawer, three TV remotes and the faceplate for the outside radio. Got home and found them not to be."

A lesson for all of us: The PDI is very important no matter how expensive the unit. It would be a whole different story if the dealer had been forced to show the new owners the remotes and then demonstrated that they, and the devices, worked.

People make mistakes. So trust, but verify.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #23
Lost in the Woods

Service

The money they pay dealers for warranty can't be that bad, what about what they make in sales volume .now the psi they run you thru to get a signature after that it's yours . Ivan tell you from the last 6months there DON'T expect much there
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #24

Did you check everywhere in your unit, including under the bed, kitchen drawers, anywhere something can be hid. If your dealer refuses to assist you contact, in writing, your BBB and register your complaint against Jayco and the dealer. You also have legal remedies...like small claims court. The important thing is that you establish a written record of all communication in the event that you need to take legal action.
usafdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Note though that even car dealerships are limited to the hours stated in the factory book. So if the manufacturer says it takes three hours to change a head gasket - that's it.
Understood, and in the auto industry says something takes 3 hrs and you complete it in 2.5, that .5 is profit.

From what I understand there is no "factory book" in the RV business. And as we can all attest there is little consistency is how the units are built between one another it makes standardization very hard.

I am not siding with dealers who don't provide warranty service for units they don't sell, but I can certainly understand their position. Personally I think the entire industry is ripe for some real disruption.

I wish you the best of luck with your issues. In my opinion your best option right now is phone calls to Jayco and hopefully get connected with the Regional Rep who can coordinte between you and the dealer.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:19 AM   #26
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
The money they pay dealers for warranty can't be that bad, what about what they make in sales volume .now the psi they run you thru to get a signature after that it's yours . Ivan tell you from the last 6months there DON'T expect much there
I worked book hours for years . at the time the dealer rate was96.00 we recieved around 16 ,they mark up retail parts about 40 to 100 percent there is a huge overhead to cover but look around at the huge dealers they are not starving .
Pre Japan autos ,our cars were slopped together like our RV's today bottom line build a better product and have fewer warranty issues train the techs ,pay them real wages and stop gouging the factories and the retail people .Also how many phoney hours and parts do they write and use the parts on their used inventory how many dealers have parts sitting out they took out and have price tags on the warranted parts.actually our warranty rates were higher then the customer pay rate .Pull the plug on some of those not doing warranty work and see how fast they change ,to providing warranty work THANKS
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by My garage View Post
train the techs
You have to find the people to train first. Ths big problen is a shortage of people willing to work and do it right. I have had first hand experience with "certified Master RV techs" who don't know s***, or are just plain lazy and can't do the job right. Had one who didn't have a clue as to how to remove the new "top down mount" Coleman a/c. I had to tell him..
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You have to find the people to train first. Ths big problen is a shortage of people willing to work and do it right. I have had first hand experience with "certified Master RV techs" who don't know s***, or are just plain lazy and can't do the job right. Had one who didn't have a clue as to how to remove the new "top down mount" Coleman a/c. I had to tell him..
It is HIGHLY unlikely that any RV shop would pay well enough to get a "Master" anything. Wages in the RV industry are pathetically low. Here is a thought, try training your employees, instead of criticizing them.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Frustrated here. Bought a new 2016 35' Precept a month ago. Dealer told us some things were in the drawer, three TV remotes and the faceplate for the outside radio. Got home and found them not to be. No joy contacting the dealer, they are just ignoring it. Got in touch with Jayco customer service, no help there.

Is this how they support their hundred thousand dollar product?

Plus I contacted another dealer and they said they won't service anything they didn't sell because Jayco won't pay them the cost of warranty work for another dealer's sale. So now I'm stuck in a two year relationship with a dealer that won't cooperate or perform?
This is not really a warranty issue. I think you have to assume some of the blame, by not looking in the drawer during your PDI to actually see the items. I know during our PDI the dealer actually took the remote and operated the TV, there was no, it's in the drawer trust me. Obviously it's hard to know if they were actually missing or, someone removed them before or after the sale. It's not the end of the world, aggravating for sure. I would personally have visited the dealer the day after I took possession and let them know the items were missing. If time had passed from when you took delivery till they were notified, it makes it more difficult.

Good Luck, but don't let a couple of replaceable items ruin your whole RV experience. Jayco has always stood behind their product and the local dealer (who we did not purchase the unit from) has been very good at handling whatever issues we had.

Good Luck..

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #30

I've talked to owners who will travel miles to have a drawer latch replaced, because their unit is still under warranty.

Granted the dealers and manufacturers are responsible. But I find that the purchase a some critical tools, and a little education can save me a lot of time and aggravation.
Roadmaster Falcon Tow bar
Henderson rear trac bar
Safe-T Plus
FlaBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #31

Also, check under the dinette bench seats - that's where I found many of the owners manuals, remotes, etc. within two blue Jayco bags. If that fails, I agree that you need to press the Dealer for those items - my experience with Jayco for issues/warranty work, etc. to be exemplary. Call Jayco and ask for the MH Support Group - they've been very responsive and resolved all of my issues.
nolosrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 02:40 PM   #32

Ditto to Jayco's support. So far so good.
I'm now in Florida. Dealer in New York.
Had camping world in Maryland do a few small warranty items. And they were not a Jayco dealer. Had no problem getting Jayco's approval.
Henderson rear trac bar
Safe-T Plus
Old 11-14-2016, 09:16 AM   #33

Resolved. The dealer came through.
kevfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #34

Great news! Thanks for the update.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #35

Badda bing badda boom
Henderson rear trac bar
Safe-T Plus
Old 11-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #36
Site Team

IMO, this whole thread was not about Jayco standing behind their product.

There was a misunderstanding between the customer and the someone at the dealership and it was resolved as soon as customer and the right person at the dealership started communicating.

Happy ending, happy customer.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote