Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-24-2016, 09:54 AM   #1

door problems

We have a Precept and are having problems with the door not closing tightly. We have tried adjusting it but that does not work. The latch comes loose no matter what we do. Anyone else have this problem and if so what is the solution?

Thanks,
Terrell
Terrell/Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell/Kathy View Post
We have a Precept and are having problems with the door not closing tightly. We have tried adjusting it but that does not work. The latch comes loose no matter what we do. Anyone else have this problem and if so what is the solution?

Thanks,
Terrell
Have you tried LOCK-TIGHT on the screws?
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 10:45 AM   #3

use blue loc-tight do not use the red.

don't over do it. just put a small drop on the threads on the screws.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #4

I had same problem with my 35 UN used blue loctite solved problem
street rod 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #5

We have as well.. CW supposedly fixed ours twice..i finally called jayco customer service and they replaced our door finally.. while under warranty, get everything done! We have issues after issues..half are due to ignorance of CW techs.they have had our rig since october..went to get it last week.. and they broke arm rest on passenger seat fixing the recall.. we are so done! I have it up for sale! CW has taken the joy out of camping.. ill never ever buy from them again..
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #6

Door rod that keeps door from opening too far

Anyone else having a problem with the rod at the bottom of the Precept door? I've ordered a new one myself, $11, because if I took it in under warranty, they would keep it until the part came in. Rod keeps stripping if door opens too fast. I have fixed it several times.
borg169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #7

Doors for jayco precept

We actually ended up calling Jayco ourselves and they ordered that our door be replaced. Its much better. Our issue was the door had too much play in it after it was closed and locked
Old 01-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila View Post
We have as well.. CW supposedly fixed ours twice..i finally called jayco customer service and they replaced our door finally.. while under warranty, get everything done! We have issues after issues..half are due to ignorance of CW techs.they have had our rig since october..went to get it last week.. and they broke arm rest on passenger seat fixing the recall.. we are so done! I have it up for sale! CW has taken the joy out of camping.. ill never ever buy from them again..
We bought our Alante from CW, their SALES dept is fine, no problem and we got a decent deal. Their SERVICE dept on the other hand is a nightmare, and I would never go within a hundred miles of them for any kind of repair. They will mess up more than they fix due mainly to under trained and under paid Tech's that have little supervision.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg169 View Post
Anyone else having a problem with the rod at the bottom of the Precept door? I've ordered a new one myself, $11, because if I took it in under warranty, they would keep it until the part came in. Rod keeps stripping if door opens too fast. I have fixed it several times.
Same thing here, hard to believe they thought that tint little gas shock would hold the door when the wind catches it. I took mine off to tighten the ball mount only to find no nut, it was pressed in, so I have to get inventive to repair it. Have since done as you and bought a spare to carry for the day it breaks.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #10

You are so right! We have 2 here and we finally had the other start doing service. They did ok at first then a nightmare.. thats why i started calling jayco! Made CW mad but i didnt care!
Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #11

borg169, I had that problem also. The rod let the door open too far and I couldn't adjust it while it was connected. Removed the rod, took apart sleeves and nuts, lubricated where needed, then adjust to where the door would open to 90 degrees. Used blue loctite on nuts and then installed. Been good for 2 yrs now.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote