Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2016, 12:23 PM   #1

Dually Tire Pressure

Has anyone found the valve for the inner dally on 2019 Precept 35s ?? Outer wheels are aluminum with exceptionally small holes in them. I can't see any stem for the inner wheel and even if I could, have no idea how to get to it. Does Jayco expect us to have the outer tire pulled every time we want/need to check tire pressure ??? Appreciate and info anyone can share..
Btandros47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:30 PM   #2

If it's anything like the 31UL, you're going to need to invest in some valve extenders. Yes, it's hard to believe they'd ship Precepts with this flaw, but it's an ongoing problem for all us.

BTW, You'll find plenty of discussion about this (and more) on the Precept owners group forum:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:52 AM   #3

Look 180 degrees directly across the wheel from outside valve thru hole in wheel for inside valve. A rubber hosed air chuck can be used to inflate inside duals if you park them at 2:00 or 10:00 o'clock then reach around outside tire and between duals. Put hose thru hole and use inside hand to place chuck on valve. Pretty easy if you park correctly.
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:18 AM   #4

I had to get extenders for Harvey the RV. The local Discount Tire had no problem checking the pressure on the outside wheels...but the inside wheels required them taking the tires off...

Best $50 I have spent.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #5

you should have had valve extenders put on when the tires were off.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #6

Haven't done my PDI or test drive yet, but I had it written down to ask them about checking pressure on inside duals. I guess this answers that question.

Doesn't anyone use a TPMS system? I had one on my fiver and will be looking to use it on my new 31UL. It is pretty nice going down the road seeing your exact tire pressure and tire temperature, plus having an alarm go off if you blow a tire.
FLHTK-JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #7
WDW

While it's an unfortunate cheap out across most manufactures, you should consider installing Borge dully valves. They have to pull your tires (good time to install balancing beads / bags/ sand) but you will have a custom designed valve that is easy to access or yo install TPMS on. You will need a truck tire shop to do the install. Extenders are a recipe for failure over time.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #8

Our valve stems on our inner duals were impossible to get an air chuck on. I took it in to our local tire center that has a truck bay. They removed the outside duals and rotated the valve stems so that they lined up perfectly with the outer dual hole. I can now get to the valve stem for air as well as a a gauge and don't need to add the potentially leak prone valve extenders. They also added Gator valve stem caps which allow you to air the tires and check tire pressure without having to remove a valve stem cap. Google it. I also need to tell the valve stem extender crowd that any very seasoned RV'er knows someone or has had extenders leak. Just ask around the Quartsite crowd.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote