Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #21

I meant for all to see this.
.how is this forwarded to all on forum
cathy.welles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #22

Cathy,

First, calm down and then learn to proof read your posts. As I see it, your coach will not be built for another one thousand years. Try to give better info too. What papers did you sign? A purchase agreement or actual purchase documents. Who determined a brand new generator built by Onan company, not Jayco, needs a new starter. The cab A/C is same thing, built by another company rather than Jayco. Fridge will need 24 hours minimum to cool. Do you know when it was turned on?

After the walk thru, called the PDI (pre delivery inspection) in our circles, did you sign any more papers? If you did, you own it. If not, run, don't walk, away from that dealership as fast as you can.

The problem I am having with your post is this is a lot of different systems to have issues in a new coach. Just doesn't sit right.
an Aluma low bed trailer with HD Road King and/or Polaris RZR onboard
mowdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:06 PM   #23
GJB

Just bought a 2016 Precept 35S. Not impressed with the workmanship or many flaws we found after 1st trip. One of our biggest issues is the door slams into the awning frame everytime you open it, Anyone found a solution to this problem ? Dealer says it is working as designed. Great answer.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #24

Cathy-Had a terrible time with RV Albany. No service, PDI was terrible, would stay away.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:49 AM   #25

I changed out the spring shock on the door to one that was a higher psi - this holds the door open better - but still you have to keep your hand on the door as you open it of course- you can't just let it swing open. I put the higher spring level shock as I found on windy days that the door was being pushed around and would bang into the frame of the canopy if open -

In terms of defects and workmanship - all these rv's are assembled in a rush - they literally run back and forth on the factory floor -

the worst part is the wiring - I am use to wiring on boats where it is usually done neatly but on rv's they just throw wires everywhere - 12v wiring on top of 110 v wires - nothing is secured and connectors poorly crimped etc.

My advice- buy a replacement transfer switch and keep it on the rv - my experience is these things fail all the time.

Half of owning an rv is getting to know your equipments ins and outs and part of the fun - yep fun- is fixing them, and upgrading them from the cheap parts they use originally.

If you are not a tool and hands on kind of guy - owning an rv of this size will prove very frustrating- As getting an rv into the dealer for repair is near impossible given the lead times - so you have to learn how to fix lots of the issues yourself - or just bite your wallet and take it to an independent repair shop or mobile rv repair and pay for stuff that might rally be warranty stuff - just to get it fixed.

These are not like buying a new car - turn the key and everything works -/ and the Precepts are not as bad as any other rv in terms of build quality -
Jeff k is offline   Reply With Quote