Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-31-2016, 07:30 AM   #1

Question Importing Class A to Canada

Is there any Canadians that have imported a new Jayco Class A to Canada. Any advice? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:45 AM   #2

Just make sure the RV has the CSA certification package, if not you are in for a big headache trying to register it in Canada. The package is pretty cheap, its listed under options for each unit. It is built to different standards for propane delivery, electrical and a few plumbing changes.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:23 AM   #3

Thank you Sundancer330. I ordered the 35S with CSA. First the dealer didn't wont to get it for me. I contacted Jayco and they told me that it is no problem for the dealer to ordered that way. The problem is that the dealers price sheet doesn't have that option. Now hopefully everything will come with CSA.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie View Post
Thank you Sundancer330. I ordered the 35S with CSA. First the dealer didn't wont to get it for me. I contacted Jayco and they told me that it is no problem for the dealer to ordered that way. The problem is that the dealers price sheet doesn't have that option. Now hopefully everything will come with CSA.
I'd call the dealer and JAYCO to be sure it is included.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #5

It might be worth your while to hire a broker to do the paper work for you. Remember to stop at the US side and have them stamp it for export..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #6

Called yesterday Jayco. They were able to find my order and confirmed all the options I ordered. So cross fingers that it comes as ordered.

Also the RVone dealer was very forthcoming and send me their order to Jayco showing all the options I selected.

I am very impressed with the customer service of Jayco and RVone. Looks like they are on top of things. Now we will see if that's the case once I take possession of the rig, what should be end of March.

In regards of using a broker, I will skip that part. I have imported a rig before and it was very smooth. Of course there is paperwork but it can be done.

Will let you know how it went.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:23 PM   #7

Why Import

Sadie, I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on Importing vs Purchasing local. Did you find it to be a significant cost savings? Will Canadian dealerships honor your warranty?

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #8

Hi, Griswald,
I went to multiple Canadian dealerships. I was even prepared to pay more than my american offer I had in my hands. The difference was to big to ignore the american offer. Too bad! I figured that including two flights down to the US, a couple of days in a hotel, GST, gas to drive the RV back and import fees was still 12 % cheaper than to purchase in Canada. That's a big chunk of money, for me anyway. So in my humble opinion it is a significant savings. I can't understand why Canadian dealers ask that much more than Americans. I experienced this across all my inquiries on both side of the border.
The process to import a vehicle into Canada is fairly easy. I did it 8 years ago with our previous RV and it seems that it did not change much.

In regards of the warranty we will see if the Canadian dealers honor it. I talked to Jayco and they confirmed that they will. I guess it is the same as in the States that some of the dealers will be not as customer friendly as others, but we have planned anyway to spend most the time south of the border.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #9

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your findings! I am not in the market today as our Greyhawk is still new but I know the bug will strike eventually. When it does, I guess a road trip will be in order.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, importing