Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2017, 08:12 AM   #1

Thumbs up Installed Roadmaster Reflex Steering Stabilizer

So it was time to do some chassis upgrade to our Precept 35S. One safety device we were looking at was a steering stabilizer. Not that it would give us a smoother ride (that’s a misconception), but for tire blow-out and to compensate for over-steering. Check the following webpage if you like to know more: Roadmaster Inc. - Tow Bars, Braking Systems & RV Accessories

Lots of MH driver go with the Safe-T-Plus, we opted to get the Roadmaster. Both are good products, however the Roadmaster was less money for us.
At the same time we did an alignment, increased the pressure on the tires to 95 psi and installed valve extender. There was no chance to reach the valves on the dual tires.
Unlimited Performance in Calgary did a great job. However, we still have the steering wheel not centered. It looks like nobody here in Calgary knows how to do it. Everybody I talked stated to me to do an alignment to correct this. So I decided to do it myself. There is a very good post how to do this at:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...oes-43786.html

The ride is now much harder (that’s because of the tire pressure). The tracking of the MH is much better now too. The crosswind sway much less. So I am very pleased with the install.

There was one reason that we waited that long to do our upgrade. Our MH came with stock shocks as I reported in other posts before. Bilstein or Koni have no shocks for this new Ford chassis. Jayco’s hands are tied with this issue as they have no other options at the moment. So we waited for a while to see if something comes up. But no solution at the moment…….
I don’t know either what’s all the fuss about Bilstein shocks. They are not better than the normal Ford shocks. If you look for a really good upgrade, check the Koni shocks. I have been told that Koni will have the FSD Shocks very soon for the new Ford chassis available. What “soon” means, nobody could tell me.
So in the meantime, hang tight and wait, maybe somebody else on this forum has better information.
Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote