Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-09-2016, 12:58 AM   #1
A&W

Question interior lighting problem

Really dumb question here but ....We have 4 interior mystery lights inside our 2014 Precept 31UL that we cannot figure out how to turn on. 2 are located above the loveseat and the other 2 are above the countertops below the cabinets on either side of the stove. We have tried every switch that we can find, including the little switches on the lights themselves to no avail. I would like to sit on the loveseat to read the paper and be able to turn on the overhead light above me.... Any suggestions would be great!
A&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:00 AM   #2

Some lights work on battery but some only work when you are plugged in. Also some only work if the main switch (inside the cabinet where all the buttons for the awning, etc are) is turned on. Are you plugged in?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:19 AM   #3

Are these LED lights? You can try unwiring one of them and wire in another 12 volt incandescent light and see if that works or test the wire with a volts meter. I had and LED in my Alante that did not work so the Jayco sent me another one and it did not work. What had happened was when the guys were building it the switched the polarity and an LED will not work with is switched. I would test it first with a meter or have someone do it for you.
Deerlope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:10 AM   #4

It's possible they have 2 switches and both have to be on.

In my 19RD, there is a switch by the door that powers up all 4 ceiling lamps that run the length of the TT. Each fixture has it's own on/off switch.

We leave all 4 individual switches on and control the whole bank from the switch by the door.

So, make sure all the mystery lamps have their switches ON while trying various wall switches.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #5
A&W

Yes we've tried the lights both being plugged in as well as on battery and with all the switches on. hmmmm, could all 4 be faulty I wonder? Will do the test thing on them and let you know how it turns out. Thanks...
A&W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:35 AM   #6

I can only assume you have checked the lights themselves for switches. In our 29.5 BHDS those two lights have their own switches on the rim of the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&W View Post
Really dumb question here but ....We have 4 interior mystery lights inside our 2014 Precept 31UL that we cannot figure out how to turn on. 2 are located above the loveseat and the other 2 are above the countertops below the cabinets on either side of the stove. We have tried every switch that we can find, including the little switches on the lights themselves to no avail. I would like to sit on the loveseat to read the paper and be able to turn on the overhead light above me.... Any suggestions would be great!

2010 Ford F-250 XLT (traded)
2013 Keystone Laredo 294RK (traded)
ArcticFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #7

In our 2015 31UL, the switches are next to the light fixtures themselves above the loveseat and next to the light to the left of the microwave. When I am sitting on the loveseat by the driver's seat, the switch is to the left of the overhead light. When I am cooking and looking at the stove, the switch is to the left of the light fixture. The switches are black and toggle on and off.
SLPearce527 is offline   Reply With Quote