Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2015, 07:26 PM   #21

Precept Walls

I found that Command hooks do not work on the cabinet type walls, but they do work on the light colored parts.
Wilcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #22

Yes, thanks thats just what we found out
She1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:52 PM   #23

She1953, on a side note, went thru Port Jervis in May and what a mess on I84. Any idea when the construction will be completed.
suprstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #24

I too had problems with the Command hooks on the wood paneling. I used a small amount of Goof-Off, and wipe the area, that I wanted to apply the Command hook. works great. The wood paneling must have some type of silicone surface treatment on it, and nothing seams to want to stick, but goof-off removes this coating.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:44 AM   #25

that mess has been going on for years. between bridges and roads and more roads. We stayed at TRI STATE RV Camping which is right by all the construction, there were workers coming from all over. Talked to a few and they said they are there another year or so..Are you going back there or though there again? Give it another 2 years and maybe it will be completed.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:46 AM   #26

Goof off. where do I get that..I have heard of goo-be-gone.
Old 10-03-2015, 05:47 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by She1953 View Post
Goof off. where do I get that..I have heard of goo-be-gone.

Also consider Motsenbocker's (sp) Caulk Remover.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:26 AM   #28

We used to own a Rockwood trailer. When I used the command hooks, the "wall paper" on the walls started bubbling around the hook, I assume from the weight of the object on the hook. Has anyone had this problem with their Jayco? I am reluctant to use command hooks in my new Jayco because of this.
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 06:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeBee View Post
We used to own a Rockwood trailer. When I used the command hooks, the "wall paper" on the walls started bubbling around the hook, I assume from the weight of the object on the hook. Has anyone had this problem with their Jayco? I am reluctant to use command hooks in my new Jayco because of this.
We have not had any problems with them. We've also used a 3M industrial strength velcro that has worked very well. It claimed not to damage the walls when removed, and the claim was accurate, at least on the wall paper. From our experience, be very careful with anything on the wood - it will hold fine, but if you need to remove the hook, the finish goes with the tape.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #30

Folks often mistakenly use common 60 - 70% rubbing alcohol to clean and prepare surfaces for adhesives. This can contaminate the bonding surface with oils and water.
Use at minimum, 90-95% alcohol. Ask a clerk or pharmacist. Also, roughing the mounting surface lightly with very fine sandpaper, followed by alcohol can improve adhesive bonding. Warning: Be prepared for permanent damage to thin wall panel finishes if you use super grippy adhesives or industrial grade self-adhesive hook and loop style fasteners or tapes.

An effective picture hanging solution that causes minimal wall damage are picture hangers that precisely locate a nail angled downward as it is hammered through the hanger into the wall producing a very small hole. The angled nail is pull-out resistant and the hole can be easily repaired when the picture is removed or re-located using a furniture repair crayon.

Another solution is to secure each picture (especially heavier pictures) with multiple picture hangers installed on the wall to evenly distribute the weight of a single picture between 2 or more hangers and increase pull-out resistance from the wall.

Lastly, as another person mentioned, mount the picture (or multiple pictures) to a backer board which is first attached to the wall using discrete brads, nails or screws at all four corners This effectively spreads out the holding power between multiple wall fasteners and the picture backer board, itself, is much thicker and stronger than the very thin wall paneling behind it. Picture hanging hooks can be very securely mounted to the backer board, itself, using short screws that extend through the backer but not into the wall. This is particularly effective for heavier pictures that face the front of the RV as this kind of a sturdy mount is more resistant to heavy braking actions what could cause the mounted picture to swing out from the wall or jar loose and possibly jump from its mounting hook or pull the wall fastener loose from the wall.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:43 PM   #31

Again - Command strips. For larger heavier items use several to many strips.
They do remove from the Jayco walls fine without leaving damage.
I clean the surfaces with Isopropyl Alcohol (91%)
2011 Jayco JayFeather Select 28U
Equal-i-zer 1400/14000
Rotochocks
owenssailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:08 PM   #32

To bump or start a new thread? I now it's old, but the info seemed as relevant today as when it was written.

I was x6 (7?) on Command strips but lately they are bubbling my paper and falling off. Each fail, in four different areas all look the same. The paper is loose from the "wall", like it blistered then let go.

The picture hangers with the small nail doesn't seem to have enough lip to hold the pictures.

I have a couple items that I feel confident enough to permanently install a hook. I'm thinking of a metal hook that I would rivet in place. But I tend if overdo somethings.
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:37 PM   #33

We did great with Command Hooks for years. Switched to Alien Tape about a year ago and it is working great for us so far. Just another as seen on TV product that works as advertised.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 05:31 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Not sure if anyone mentioned it.... but the 3M command hooks seem to work well... =)!
Make sure to wipe the wall down will an alcohol wipe first.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote