Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 09:19 PM   #1

JBL Legend CP100 In-Dash Smart Phone Receiver

Took delivery of our 2017 Alante 31V today. Everything is great except for this head unit. I'm running into troubles in two areas.

Bluetooth with the phone, it will allow me to receive calls, but when pairing my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) displays the message "Corrupted Probe Message". Mind you, I can receive and send phone calls still. But no Media transfers appropriately.

When attempting to use the "Android Auto" feature this unit is so proud of, it will not recognize my phone when plugged into the USB port. It will charge, but it won't recognize the device at all.

Has anyone had this system so far? Similar issues? Am I doing something wrong?
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #2

From what I understand it's an "android" issue, and not the JBL head unit itself. There's software issues that still need to be worked out. I'll send more info when I can.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:34 PM   #3

I am scheduled to have a walk through with the 'tech rep' at my dealer, via phone tomorrow morning. He says he's able to pair his Android phone easily to the unit on site.

I am skeptic. Everything I've read on the internet is this indash system is full of bugs, even after having it's release delayed by months.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #4

Yes, delays, software issues, bugs, hopefully the "Tech" can help you, and your phone is set up properly. It's a big issue with android, how do they set up all the different phones/brands, etc. to work properly. All I can offer is be patient and wait for software updates to come. I don't have any response yet to your original issue you posted, I'm waiting for guys to return to the office that may be able to help you. one makes an update and doesn't talk to the other.......
Old 06-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #5

Sounds like I have to bring the rig back next week. Going to run this weekend w/ just an FM tuner, and maybe a flash drive. Dealer says deck needs to be replaced. Should be a quick swap, and we'll attempt to get the devices to pair up while we are there, and save us the 2+ hours of drive time.

Was on the JBL site, and was disappointed to not find a place to download Firmware updates for the deck. I hope I don't have to bring it in to the dealer every time there is an update.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:07 PM   #6
MrG

hey all, i have this same problem 2017 31UL, eyephone though and AM-FM not working no gps maps, intermittent streaming issues, usb cable sometimes charges the phone, dealer say head unit is broken, no duh, then i got this in the mail today, don't know if its a gift while i wait for a new radio or what...your thoughts?? anyone get a new radio yet???
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0532.jpg  
MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:12 PM   #7

My JBL was finally removed, and I was given a Pioneer something or other instead. I am much happier now. The JBL CP100 was discontinued by the manufacturer because it was garbage. Stay on your dealer to make sure you get a replacement.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:29 PM   #8
MrG

i read that as well....sad state when you don't get a working radio on a 100K MH...
Old 08-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #9
MrG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
hey all, i have this same problem 2017 31UL, eyephone though and AM-FM not working no gps maps, intermittent streaming issues, usb cable sometimes charges the phone, dealer say head unit is broken, no duh, then i got this in the mail today, don't know if its a gift while i wait for a new radio or what...your thoughts?? anyone get a new radio yet???
well turns out the GPS unit was a gift to use while i wait for my radio to be replaced so win win!! go jayco!!!!
Old 08-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #10

Jayco will no questions asked replace the JBL.
dlibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:37 AM   #11

My jbl was replaced with a pioneer 4200nex radio. It does apple carplay and android autoplay. Very nice unit.
2 dogs
1 wife
US Army Vet. 66-68
Private pilot
rahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:55 PM   #12
MrG

Thumbs down

well went to the dealer to get the new radio installed(200 mile round trip) and guess what!!!.....new radio doesn't work either and yes it was another JBL CP100 legend dealer says we need a different brand, hurry up and wait, very sad state of affairs..
Old 10-28-2017, 04:48 PM   #13

Your dealer did you wrong...
Old 10-28-2017, 05:17 PM   #14

The dealer isn't very customer oriented.
2 dogs
1 wife
US Army Vet. 66-68
Private pilot
rahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #15
MrG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahawk View Post
The dealer isn't very customer oriented.
yup!!! manteca trailer not exactly a 5 star outfit...
Old 12-30-2017, 04:19 PM   #16
MrG

here's some closure, 5 months after reporting to the dealer that the in dash radio didn't work on my brand new MH i when out and purchased a new radio(alpine ILX-107) then i fired off an email to jayco customer service and to my surprise bill isley contacted me very quickly and very professionally handled the problem and apologized for the inconvenience i was put through also he wanted a copy of the invoice for the new radio and guess what showed up in the mail today?????? a reimbursement check to the tune of $1100.00 all taken care of in two weeks....now if all the MH dealers treated customers like that where would we be?????....hmmmmm...thank you Bill Isley...happy new year!!!!!
Old 12-30-2017, 04:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
here's some closure, 5 months after reporting to the dealer that the in dash radio didn't work on my brand new MH i when out and purchased a new radio(alpine ILX-107) then i fired off an email to jayco customer service and to my surprise bill isley contacted me very quickly and very professionally handled the problem and apologized for the inconvenience i was put through also he wanted a copy of the invoice for the new radio and guess what showed up in the mail today?????? a reimbursement check to the tune of $1100.00 all taken care of in two weeks....now if all the MH dealers treated customers like that where would we be?????....hmmmmm...thank you Bill Isley...happy new year!!!!!
Bill is a good guy. He does owners right. Thor limited what they can so some, but he seems to be about doing it right