Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #1

Losing Vacuum on HVAC vents

I am new to forums so giving this a try, bare with me. My first ever post.

Have a 2015 31UL, and when the engine is under load, the HVAC (actually A/C) vents close thus losing nice cool air. I can relieve it temporarily by letting off the throttle. I had this problem with my older cars windshield wipers (telling my age!). The problem was resolved with vacuum canisters. Does the 2015 Precept have them? If so, location and access?

In the meantime, I have ordered a 12 volt vacuum pump and will put it in line to assist the vacuum when needed. Thinking of splicing in behind the control switch. I will probably use a switch to turn it on when needed.

We drove the RV on our first trip, mid September to mid October from Colorado to Georgia to Texas. With 90 plus degree days, the A/C was an issue when pulling the many hills. Enjoyed the Precept and did get 7.89 mpg overall towing the 2012 CRV for 2800 miles.

Thank you all for any help.
jdmeyerco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #2

That should not be happening, you need to get that to your dealer or Ford to have it checked out. You shouldn't have to add anything. We have had two Precepts and never had that problem, and we travel through Colorado each year.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:09 PM   #3

Sounds like a broken or loose vacumn line.