Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2016, 08:06 AM   #1

Motorhome at Jayco, Amazing customer Service

Hi folks,

Well I finally got the 36UN (only one in existence) to Jayco for the warranty repairs and upgrades. I was going to take her the weekend of 1/22, but I had a severe heart attack, 100% blockage of the Widow Maker, the LAD artery, 3% survival rate, I am thankful I am one of the 3%! Anyway, The Manager of Customer Service, Motorhome division is an amazing man. We went over everything and he added a lot to the list of to do's. The bottom line is Jayco is covering everything including giving me the installation for the sliding door upgrade, They are servicing the generator, doing an oil change, Giving us a proper delivery as they prescribe it, a factor tour, paying all expenses to and from NJ to IN. Jayco's generosity has completely blown me away, I cannot imagine buying a Motorhome from another company. The 2015 35UN we purchased is the prototype of the 35UN, it actually says 36UN on the outside under the window behind the TV. we have a different flooring then any other unit.

I am looking forward to picking up our MH, it will be like taking delivery all over again except the correct way and in perfect shape! I will let you all know how it turns out. If it is anything like what I was told we will be extremely happy campers!
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 AM   #2

First, glad you are doing well. From my experience what you encountered at JAYCO is the norm not the exception. Enjoy your visit to Middlebury.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #3

Very glad you're okay!

And I'm with you; it would take A LOT for another manufacturer to earn my business. Highly unlikely I won't buy a Jayco next time.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 PM   #4

x2 Grumpy. I've had nothing but great customer service from Jayco with my Precept 31UL
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #5

X3 on Jayco CS. nma33........we are so very thankful that you survived the heart attack. NOW, follow the Dr. orders.............go exercise.
Keep us up to speed on the re-delivery (did I just make up another word?)
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #6

I like the re-delivery word! lol, As for exercising, I have been exercising for years, in fact over the last several years I have been running half marathons, When I was on the table in the Cath Lab, I asked when I can get back to training because I have two halfs coming up, one in April and one in May! The Doc performing the Cath told me in about a month, I suspect he was humoring me! I have a Dr. appointment on Monday so hopefully I will get some direction as to when I can get back at it.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #7

Good for you. Sometimes you do everything right and things still go wrong.
There is probably a real good possibility that your continued conditioning played a big part in your body not yielding to the heart attack.
I was saying exercising tongue in cheek but as you know it will play a big part in your recovery.
OK, 'nough said. Be well. You have RVing to do.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:25 AM   #8
WDW

That's great - but why can't dealers be great too? It seems to me having a reputation of amazing service combined with tremendous prices could be a business model that builds success. It works in the auto industry.

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
That's great - but why can't dealers be great too?
Good RV Techs are hard to find and many dealers are overwhelmed, which is very unfortunate.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:33 PM   #10

I am jealous. Reading these stories of caring, professional, and thorough service and repair. Richardson's RV in Menifee has changed service writers like I change my underwear. Maybe more often. This is our one year anniversary month with our new Seneca and it has been in the shop for 3 months cumulatively. It must be some kind of math thing that even if they can give 100%, divided by the volume of broken stuff, you still end up with the end of the stick that's been poking the dog pile.
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:11 AM   #11

My dealer was terrible, the only thing they got right was the price I paid. I paid $79,000 for my new 2015 Precept 36 or rather 35un! In fact the dealer ordered all incorrect parts, at first the dealer was going to do the repairs and the door installation, once the issue with the slide room was discovered then Jayco became involved and it was decided that they were going to do all the service including the door installation. Currently we are scheduled to pick up our coach on 3/24, Cannot wait to receive a proper delivery, and a coach in the condition Jayco wants delivered. She is scheduled to go into the service bay later this week.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:36 AM   #12
WDW

Oh, I know. - you hit it right on that price because they wanted to move the unit off the lot. Weeks before they were stuck on price an unwilling to budge. The sad part is they lost one super star tech to the place down the street. They have another who is a McGiver when it comes to fixing or diagnosising issues. If given the chance he could have mad it it right before it left Buffalo.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #13

The saving grace for us is that once Jayco is done with it, and we get the coach delivered in the condition I was expecting it to be in when we picked up in Buffalo, For the price I paid I will be very happy, The time and aggravation would have been worth it. Buffalo RV treated us like second class citizens, we felt because we did not purchase a 500k + motorhome they couldn't care less. Our delivery was on the back of their lot even though they had several bays opened in the garage, The coach was not detailed at all, the guy doing the walk through knew less about the coach then I did. But all in all once Jayco is done with it I am very confident that I will be more then satisfied with the final result.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:57 AM   #14
WDW

Oh I know that feeling. Been there - we had the same PDI type of experience. I believe in the product and admire your MH. I want to wish you best of luck and maybe our paths will cross and we can have a cocktail!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:27 AM   #15

Sounds good WDW! Does WDW represent Walt Disney World? If so, we are huge Disney fans, DVC, AP's Disney Chase and such, Our house is literally a Disney art gallery.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #16
WDW

Your the first to ever ask! Yes!!! DVC, AP, BWV and VB. Been there (MK)since before it opened when I was much younger.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:51 AM   #17

Same Here, except DVC at VWL, going down in 5/7-5/11 at BCV. One of these days we want to drive the motorhome down and stay at FW, My in-laws have stayed there many times. My parents took a tour of property for sale before Disney was announced, they decided not to buy cow pasture! lol ohh well win some lose some! this year we are heading down 3 times, two of which include DCL & WDW stays. We completely addicted!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #18

Customer Service Would be Better if Not Necessary

Agreed Jayco has good customer service. Just wish they would build a better product so their great customer service was not necessary. Nearly every problem/defect on this board could have been readily avoided if Jayco had a true quality control process in place.

Great customer service is terrific. But a better built coach that does not require continual service and repair would be even better!
sjarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 AM   #19

Maybe a Jayco wasn't the best choice for you, Personally I couldn't find another coach in the market of the same size and features in comparison to price I paid. I am sure that once I get my 35un back it will fit my needs perfectly.