Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2016, 09:55 AM   #11
We love our 31UL. I have a few issues but they do not effect the use. I am giving it a few more trips to shake out any other problems. Then I will make a list and take it in.

1. Cables to big TV cut in the slide.
2. No power on the fantastic fan.
3. Sofa is the worst. Wish there was a simple fix.

preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #12
My 2 cents

My perspective is one who has spent 2 winters living in my 31 UL, and when we travel, we are full hook up people. We donít consider ourselves campers; therefor have not joined any clubs. We are travelers and when we finish traveling to the states we havenít been to, we will go back to the places we enjoined the most. We have met wonderful people in our travels and hope to meet up with them again. Our 31 UL has had many of the same problems that others have had and we love it as much as others do. I donít think these little problems are any different than other brands or people with houses. If anything, our options for getting things fixed are greater because we move around. This forum provides us with more information about a particular thing than anything I can think of. I feel very fortunate to have chosen our model and our dealer

Me, Mrs., and Maggie
2015 Precept 31 UL
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Brake Buddy
Plainfield, Illinois
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 07:23 AM   #13
Purchase a 2016 if possible

Afternoon, we have owned a 2014 and 2016 Precept 29UR. There are MANY reasons to purchase a 2016 model year coach over the 2015, if you have a choice.

The two biggest 2016 Advantages
- 6 speed transmission for Ford V10, F53 chasis - very much worth the upgrade, much smoother, runs at lower RPMs, quieter, etc...
- Significant improvements to the slide mechanism - from experience my recommendation is to go no where near the old Power Gear liner gear slide mechanisms - they are finicky at best
- Keyless door entry - nice feature
- U-dinnette (29UR) which allows a table to be up while you are driving

If you are considering the 2015 model, here are some of the design change(s) I would look for before purchasing.

Definitely check to see if the new slide mechanisms are present. You can tell by checking the largest slide - if it has two large rails underneath the slide - then you are good to go. These new slides use a larger motor(s) that are physically tied together via shaft and do not rely on a 'computer' to try to keep them in sync.
If it uses linear gears on the outside, I would not purchase that coach.

Compare the driver frameless windows, the 2016 design is quieter

Good luck!

sjarr is offline   Reply With Quote