Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2016, 07:46 PM   #11
Sorry to hear about the poor service experience. We have found once you get through the issues the enjoyment makes it worthwhile. Our purchasing dealer is 2 1/2 hours away. They have been less than helpful. The dealer south of us is 1 1/2 hours away and is continually backed up 6 to 8 weeks. We drop it off and they might get to it after that amount of wait time, so they start repairs in September!

We found an independent shop about 40 minutes away that have been helpful and deliver great service. Jayco is currently working with them to fix a slide issue. Thank you Jayco, we will be able make our planned trip now!

2015 Jayco Precept 31UL
Jeep Wrangler
Stoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #12
If your having problems with getting warranty work done by the dealer give Jayco a call. Ask for warranty, find out who's handling your warranty claim and tell them your situation. They'll give you other shops in the general area authorized to do warranty work if it gets to that. I'm not sure about the Albany area and whats in that area. But it's worth a try if its at a stand still.

shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #13
Dear Annoyed,

These dealers only want to sell, sell, sell! In the last 2 years I purchased a brand new 2016 Thor A.C.E. and I was so disappointed with the build quality (my bad for not educating myself better) that in less than one year I traded it in on my current 2016 Precept! much better build quality. but getting back to your point.........................don't expect much from the dealers after purchase!
If I would have taken the thor back every time something was wrong it would have been in the shop more than out so I just got rid of it.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:37 PM   #14
I bring our 35S into Blade RV in Mt. Vernon, WA with a list of warranty issues and it's usually ready to pick up in two days. If they have parts to order they wait untill all parts are in and then we take it back once to have that work performed. Couldn't ask for better service. The front end needed to be aligned, so I called Jayco and they set up an authorization ticket for me to take to a a truck shop and have the alignment done. I scanned and email them the receipt and within a couple weeks I had my check. In my opinion it's a mistake to buy at these "discount" or internet dealers. Our dealer matched an internet price plus what would have been the cost of going to Indiana picking it up and travel home and we threw in $1000 for the dealer to accept the deal. Couldn't be happier.
Vicr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #15
I think we ALL need to move to WA to get the same level of service
As Vicr! I have left numerous phone calls for my service rep at my
Local dealer without a return call. I did get ok from Jayco to be
Able to get my warranty issues handled by local RV shop vs.

How is the weather up north Vicr?
Maybe I need to check it out as possible retirement option
From overcrowded SF Bsy Area...

Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote