Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2016, 06:40 AM   #1

PDI suggestions

Everything is set for final PDI and possible delivery on Wednesday for our new Precept 31UL. Went to dealership on Sunday even though they were closed. I was able to walk into the lot and measure my basement storage areas which I had forgotten to do. They have the rig plugged in and are obviously going through their own PDI checklist.

I had given them some minor items I noticed just prior to the test drive. They had fixed all of them.
1. Bathroom door not staying closed.
2. Passenger seat not working - no power.
3. Driver's side front window not locking.
4. Rubber on slide outs bunched up.

The only other thing that may have corrected itself was the check engine light. It had came on when they took off to get fuel. After filling up and going through my test drive the light has never came back on.

I will be going over everything again as they demo all the systems Wednesday. Most, but not all of the systems are the same as on my fiver so I am familiar with them.

Any suggestions of things to look for? Maybe things that you didn't catch during the pre-delivery or things that came up in the first week or so?

Thanks
FLHTK-JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:34 AM   #2

Joe, ask them to show you how to check the air pressure on all your tires. Ask them if they re-torqued the lug nuts after driving it from Indiana.

Bob
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #3

Good idea Bob, I used to torque my fivers lugs after every 1,000 miles or so but I wouldn't have any idea what fp setting to use. I have noted your suggestion in my "PDI list".
FLHTK-JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #4

We had a few cabinet doors that didn't close tight enough that we discovered during our walk through. Also had a cabinet under the dinette bench seat that had a quarter inch gap between 2 adjoining pieces of wood. Easy fixes, but would have been a little annoyed if we had missed it. If your new camper comes with any extras, make sure you don't forget about them. Ours came with a 'free' BBQ grill that installs on the rear bumper on a special mount. We had the mount, but no grill. I wasn't familiar with that kind of mount and when I asked about it, the guy that did our walk through did a double take and realized the grill was missing. I found several PDI checklists online and really just invented my own after reviewing others.

I recommend taking a flashlight. Look for nuts / bolts that weren't tightened. We had several.

Edited to add, the torque specs for your wheels will be in the Chassis guide that comes with your foot stack of paperwork. I tried to find it online but wasn't successful, the numbers aren't listed in the owners manual.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 10:09 AM   #5

A few things in my new unit

P-trap under kitchen sink was cross threaded and not completely connected so it leaked. Rubber gasket between toilet and floor / piping was only half installed, the other half cut across the bottom of the toilet and leaked. Two of the four pantry shelves bracing staples missed the bracing lumber causing them to collapse with no weight on them during transport.
2016 KLR650E
Just me and roads less traveled...
ErraticAKn is offline   Reply With Quote