Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #1

Precept 29um bunkbed ladder

Hello,
We are due to pick up our 2015 unit on Friday. It is considered used because it had 3000 miles on it.

After looking at it I realized I didn't see a ladder for the side bunkbed. Is there supposed to be a ladder or do you just get a running start from the dining area and jump?

Bonnie
digbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #2
WDW

Probably in a basement compartment for storage. If not air Nikes give you enough lift....

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll check the basement. I didn't notice anything going through it the first time. I was so happy to see it could be big enough to hold my bicycle. If not there, I am always game for shoe shopping!!

Bonnie
Old 12-08-2015, 01:16 PM   #4
csk

Ladder

You can use the ladder that is provided for over driver bed.
csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:03 PM   #5

CSK, our unit doesn't have the over drive bed.
I didn't like the television behind the kitchen sink and when up blocking the window so we are getting the 2015 UM with only 3,000 miles on it. It would also be across from the dinette window which could cause glare during daylight hours. That probably wouldn't be too much of a problem since we don't watch much daytime TV.

We head to Iowa Wednesday to pick it up. I am nervous about driving home. It is only 5-6 feet longer than the class C I drove in Alaska, but we owns this one......well us and the bank!

Bonnie
Old 12-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

Hey digbydoo, hope you are enjoying the 29UM. Our units are now orphaned, but personally I like the layout and the bunk beds. Choosing the 29UM is choosing more sleeping space over interior storage, which is a bit sparse, but it was a good trade off for me. Unfortunately, the upper bunk does not come with a ladder. It seems pretty easy to crawl up in there with the jackknife sofa below opened up into a bed. Of course, my guests at the tracks get to sleep in those....I get the master bed, so it's their problem!
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:16 AM   #7

Hi Cycledoc,
Well, I do enjoy going out into the unit and transferring stuff we used in the trailer. But......the slideout for the living area went out about 15" on Christmas day when we were showing it to son and DIL. It is still out! It stopped cold and won't budge. I can't find the operation boxes that they show in the instruction manual. The slide button box flashes 4 red lights and 2 green, meaning motor.
I also found a leak in the bedroom side window! It is not new because the wall is stained below the decorative side panel and the counter is marked from dried water. The salesman tried telling me it was part of the pattern. We shall see how this works out! Hopefully we are not going to have any more rain for a while and not too much snow so I can get it somewhere for repairs.
The dealer is sending us a ladder because of delays we had when we went to pick up the unit....haven't seen it yet. We need it because of young grandchildren getting up and down. Too bad we can't train the dogs to go up there and give us more room in the bed. But then I wouldn't have a warm spot in the bed when my feet get cold!

Bonnie
Old 12-31-2015, 09:30 PM   #8

I understand that Jayco revised the mega slide mechanism on the 29UM in September 2014, the same month my unit was manufactured, because of issues they were having with it. What month was your unit manufactured? Wish I had more details, but if your unit was manufactured earlier than 9-2014, you may want to ask your dealer about the revision. So far, so good on mine, and I have operated it too numerous times to count.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:23 AM   #9

Thanks Cycledoc. I'll check with the dealer or Jayco on Monday when everyone should be back to normal working hours. I couldn't even get someone from Good Sam Roadside Assistance program to come out. Good thing it's sitting along side the house.

Bonnie
Old 01-03-2016, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
I understand that Jayco revised the mega slide mechanism on the 29UM in September 2014, the same month my unit was manufactured, because of issues they were having with it. What month was your unit manufactured? Wish I had more details, but if your unit was manufactured earlier than 9-2014, you may want to ask your dealer about the revision. So far, so good on mine, and I have operated it too numerous times to count.
CycleDoc,

It's me again. Where can I find out when this unit was made?
Thank goodness we will be back to a normal working week tomorrow.

Our next project, after getting the window fixed, will be looking for a tow dolly.

Bonnie
Old 01-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #11

Digbydoo,
we just purchased a 2016, 29UR and we use the ladder from the Driver overhead Queen Drop down bunk, sounds like your unit has the storage instead of the bunk.

We just came back from our first trip over the Holidays, we live in Vermont and we went to Orlando FL. to visit the kids. 3,215 miles round trip, we were blessed with no big isses only minor items like a loose microwave mount, that squeaked to no end while driving. we will take to the dealer in the spring we came home to Vermont to 8 inches of snow and -5 degrees, Hope you enjoy your trip and all goes well for you.
Precepter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #12

There is a sticker on the wall next to the drivers seat that has the information. It is close to your left leg while sitting in the driving position. It is a large rectangular yellow sticker.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
There is a sticker on the wall next to the drivers seat that has the information. It is close to your left leg while sitting in the driving position. It is a large rectangular yellow sticker.
I took pictures of all those stickers! It was a lot easier than trying to lay down on the floor in this cold weather and read all that stuff. I'll check it out.

Thank you.
Bonnie
Old 01-06-2016, 12:34 PM   #14

I have the picture. It has a bunch of information about weights, the VIN number and a number in brackets after that (9F1UM0106). Is this a code for date manufactured?

Bonnie
Old 01-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #15

Sorry, I don't check the forum but about once a week. I recall it actually states the month and year of manufacture clearly, but you never know how consistent the manufacturers are considering how often they modify designs and options during the course of a year. I'll have to remember to take a picture of the sticker when I get it back from the dealer. Getting some minor work done and replacing the front AC unit, which appears to have had a slow leak in the coils.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:50 AM   #16

Cycledoc,
As I was exiting the coach yesterday I decided to read the stickers near the floor by the main power switch. Lo and behold it says the chassis was manufactured on 3/14 and the coach 5/14. So, I guess this was during the problem period you mentioned. No wonder the service guy was anxious we take it into a dealer for repair. The side is in now with great difficulty by me and a mobile service guy. The back bed slide is not in evenly and one side protrudes about an 1".

The RV dealer in Burlington, Wisconsin says they only do warranty work during the off season, November to March 1st!!! Have you ever heard of a dealer with that type of schedule to do work? This would mean someone only gets about 8 months of service on a 2 year warranty. And, we all know most things go wrong during the last bit of time left on a warranty, so we could be screwed if something goes wrong this fall.

Bonnie