Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 01:18 PM   #1

Precept 31 UL

Have some friends of mine who are looking at Jayco Class A's...especially the Precept 31 UL.

I have a Jayco 5er, so can not offer much when it comes to Class A's. So we are looking for good and bad comments considering Jayco Class A's and the Precept line.

Thanks,
krsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:10 AM   #2

As we have had ours only since the end of June and only have put 1,500 miles on it, I can give you a short timer results.

As with every RV bought new, there will be something's needing attention and ours was no exception. We had a few of issues requiring fixing before we would even do the walkthrough. These included a bent body trim piece, rear window handle replacement, engine hood replacement, TV alignment, screen door adjustment, wheel liner replacement, numerous decal replacements and minor scratches on cabinets. Our dealer did attempt to address each one but needed to order parts which would take about a month to come in. Well, they all did come in and have all been fixed as promised with the exception of the engine hood.

So far, we have run all systems, including the heat, and can attest that all are working as they should. So therefore, I say Jayco has done us right and we are happy with our purchase. I'm a believer that the dealer makes the purchase experience good or bad.

Steve

Steve & Sharon
2015 Precept 31UL
Tow - 2010 Honda CR-V
gmapatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #3

If someone wanted to learn a lot about Precepts, they should go to the Precept owners community, by clicking on Communities, then on Social Groups, then click on the picture of the Precept. There are about 55 people from all over the country sharing the good and the bad about Precepts. Keep in mind that about 20 of these people have the 31 UL. I think you will come away with the feeling that most people love their coach.

Bob
2015 Equinox, Blue Ox Avanta LX
Bobs A Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:56 PM   #4

We've had our 31UL for 10 months. It was in storage for 5 of those months. This summer we did a 2800 mile trip to South Dakota. The 31UL performed well except for the leveler a. There was a leak in one of the tubes and she spewed out 2 quarts of auto trans fluid. Has to do without level era for the trip but that a was ok. We have an appointment with the dealer to get it fixed next week. The hot water heater stopped working but I watched a UTube video that showed me how to fix it by pressing the reset button. All other systems worked without problem. The craftsmanship on the Precept is very good. The ride is nice and it is as quiet as a gas front engine RV can be. My only major complaint is the lack of lumbar support in the captains seats. A lumbar pillow helps some. While I would not hesitate to recommend the Precept, I Hope your friend ends up happy with whichever rig they purchase.