Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2016, 08:11 AM   #21

We have pulled our Wrangler X about 10,000 miles and I still turn on the rear camera from time to time to be sure it is still back there. I have the BlueOx tow system and a RVii brake - 2 minutes to unhook and 5 to hook up and on the road.
tinman353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:55 PM   #22

Follow this trail:
Click Community (menu near the top of the page)
Click Social Groups (one of items on the Community dropdown list)
(An abbreviated list of groups is displayed)
Click Show All Groups (a complete list of social groups should be displayed)
Select Jayco Precept Owner's Group
Old 06-04-2016, 09:51 AM   #23

Has anyone seen the new optional Theatre seating on the 31UL? Can you retro fit this option to an earlier model?
preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by preceptjoe View Post
Has anyone seen the new optional Theatre seating on the 31UL? Can you retro fit this option to an earlier model?
Have you seen this? I'm interested!

Steve
StevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #25

The hum you hear is from the automatic transfer switch. It contains relays and the magnetism to keep the relay closed is making the hum. Make sure the cover is on tightly and if need be isolate it off the wood floor with some rubber bushing at the mounting holes. If the hum is noticeably load or if it chatters then it will need to be repaired or replaced.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #26

I saw the Theatre seating on RVone web site on the floor plan but no photo's.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #27

Quote:
I saw the Theatre seating on RVone web site on the floor plan but no photo's.
Thx, I see it there too, not on the Jayco site???

Steve
Old 06-25-2016, 08:07 AM   #28

Precept seatbelts

This may be incidental, but the clips that the seatbelts slide thru on my 31UL point straight down and when you try to pull the belt thru these clips mounted on the wall behind the driver and the passenger seat they bind up. I have tried loosening them and turning them about 45degrees but can't break the nut/bolt loose. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:18 AM   #29

We own a 15 Precept 31 UL. Some of our experience may be useful to you. We bought it used 2600 miles last year for 69K. Had issue with engine light flashing and engine missing at high rpm. Took to Ford dealer (Ford warranty applies to 2nd owner unlike Jayco warranty) They said there was a "recall" on problem with serpentine belt, replaced it and did a few other things at no cost to us. No problems since then. I added sound deadening underneath, and high density foam in dash. Helped some with engine noise, which was unacceptable when climbing hills. I added safety steer plus, sumo springs, and koni shocks. Handles better, and rides better. Bought new mattress from mattress dealzz, to replace 6 inch foam (wallmart special) which comes as original equip. Bought thetford full size porcelain toilet (hated undersized round plastic one) Have done numerous other small mods, in case you can't tell yet I'm a handy guy who likes working on his "toys". this is our 2nd motorhome (first was an 06 Gulfstream Super C toyhauler) What we like, with the jayco,: view out front, size of living area, with slides out, leveling system, amout of space in driving compartment, hot water system for showers(there was a learning curve), TV location, big fridge, table system, roof, that I don't have to worry about keeping sealed.
What we don't like, Gas mileage isn't much better than our chev 8.1 liter in previous slightly heavier gulfstream, engine noise is louder although much improved (see above), passage is tight with slides in, less sleeping area than the super C (tradeoff much better view) have had some issues with the Jensen dvd/camera unit, having to downshift gear lever going down hills (Allison had a button on dash, easier to use)
Other notes, we are happy with this unit although we do miss some stuff we had with the Super C. I'm happier than my wife, but she is a glass half empty type....
Long post, hope it helps
Oldguy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #30

Quote:
This may be incidental, but the clips that the seatbelts slide thru on my 31UL point straight down and when you try to pull the belt thru these clips mounted on the wall behind the driver and the passenger seat they bind up. I have tried loosening them and turning them about 45degrees but can't break the nut/bolt loose. Any ideas?

I used a long handle torque wrench, you may use a regular socket wrench and hit it a few times with a rubber mallet, that should break it loose.

Steve
Old 07-09-2016, 08:17 PM   #31

Did you know Jayco precepts have a 2 year warranty
gluster126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:50 AM   #32

Yep, 2yr warranty was a key point in buying the a precept.
Hard to find all the issues within the normal 1 yr warranty.
If it wasnt for the extra year we would definitely have quite a bit
Of personal expenses...
Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote