Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2021, 04:54 PM   #21

Nitroxron!
That's it, perfect!
We have an outlet on the floor inside the cabinet that has the TV plugged into, with an extra 110V (perfect for powering up the Firestick (assuming I can somehow reach it:-0...!). Now to get someone to install an HDMI wall plug
Pete_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Dawn View Post
Nitroxron!
That's it, perfect!
We have an outlet on the floor inside the cabinet that has the TV plugged into, with an extra 110V (perfect for powering up the Firestick (assuming I can somehow reach it:-0...!). Now to get someone to install an HDMI wall plug
Connect a long HDMI cord to the TV, once connected then connect an HDMI Coupler - Female to Female (computer store for 1.11 or Walmart 4.95) to the cord then connect the fire stick to the coupler. Plug it into the power strip underneath the tv mine sits on the floor. Once done you are good to go. The TV is able to be raised and lowered without any obstructions as everything is underneath and the cord is long enough that the wires never get tangled up.
Old 05-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #23

Hi there
After much research I landed on the Pepwave Max Br-2 5G
although the initial attemtpt with the local (authorized retailer) failed for lack of understanding and knowledge - second attempt at a corporate store did the trick
This week, I am on my first camping trip in my 2022 Precept and LOVING IT
few minor snags yet to overcome but they will in time.
Word of caution/advice on Verizon - they would NOT sell me a data plan as an individual - only a business customer with a REAL business.

Once I overcame that, they sold me a data plan for $60/month for 150G/B
Since I gave up cable over a year ago, I settled on Youtube TV and ESPN+ for Hockey
Of course, Netflix and Prime are in there as well.
My choice for interface is ROKU and you cant beat it....so both homes and now the RV all look, act and work the same - so makes it easy. And then when you think about ONE subscription being split 3 ways - screw cable.
In one month without warning, Comcast tried to raise my monthly bill by 17 dollars.
They didnt even ask why I was turning in my cable box.....nothing, its like they dont care and have become numb to folks like us shutting them OFF.

So Pepwave BAX Br2 Peplink.....works great, even knowing I have yet to find and connect the Winegard Connect 2 antennas to it
Although a bit pricey - you do get what you pay for - reliability

Best of luck and have fun
HDTVENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:17 AM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to Foretm
100% on the peplink gear, worth every penny. Not sure if you've experienced this yet or not, but with the cellular providers, alot of times they throttle streaming to 480p resolution. You can get around that by setting up a Speedfusion tunnel and encrypting the traffic. Since the carriers can't tell what the packets are, they have to let them flow through at normal speeds. I set mine up with an AWS EC2 instance, costs me $7/mo. Then I setup some outbound policies for my streaming devices.
Foretm is offline   Reply With Quote