Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #1

Question Precept Owners-Would you buy it again?

Looking at a 31UL and wondering if other owners feel they got a good rig for their money and if they would but it again if they were in the market for the same size/featured RV?
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #2

We have the 31UL, bought it in April. We have only been out in it once so far. We love it. The only thing I would have liked better is a Diesel pusher, but that was out of my price range right now. We got a great deal on the 31UL. No regrets so far.
Newbie31UL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:00 PM   #3

Bought a 31ul last August. One trip to Florida and everything broke, water leaks, a very long list. Traded out to a 35um. Giving Jayco one last chance. Going on a long trip this week. We will see.
Jacobsnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #4

The short answer is yes. We have been happy with our 31UL
Stoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:03 PM   #5

We have been very happy with ours. Knock on wood, all has worked as expected!
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #6

Bought a 2015 Precept 29UM in February. I've been on 5 trips in it so far, mostly long weekend trips. Had 800 miles on it new, now has 3600. So far, I'm very pleased with it. Drives very well. Quite comfortable. Just recently lost cooling in my Norcold 12 cu. feet 4 door fridge, but was operating off-level in my RV parking lot, with more than 3 degrees side-to-side off level. Hoping it will be cooling better when I check it tomorrow.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #7

The price range we were in had comps with FR Georgetown and Winnebago Vista. That being said the Precept having almost all the options priced in already, along with the J-Ride features, sealed the deal for us. The real "win" here has been Jayco's customer service. I've been able to work directly with them to solve the little things here and there that needed fixing without having to deal with the dealer (where headaches are born and raised). Jayco CS has been awesome. After dealing with FR for the last couple of years, I would definitely go Precept again. Nice rig.

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:44 AM   #8

750 miles into our first trip with our 35 UN and no issues yet. Everything working so far and towing is no problem.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #9

Got our 31UL last fall. We're happy with it for the most part. The only real complaint I have is lack of lumbar support in the captains seats. You'd think someone would have thought of that during the design phase. I mean they're beautifully made and have 6 way power but no lumbar support. Come on!!
Old 05-20-2015, 03:05 PM   #10

Your right about the seats. No lumbar support at all. Tried different pillows but still not good. Also still having issues with our 35 in, levelers and radio. Thought our problems were over, but wrong again.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:28 AM   #11

Jacobsnc, I noticed the same issue with the lumbar support. But I had a Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow (search for it on Amazon.com) from my trailer camping days. It perfectly fits in the seat, doesn't slide around, and because it is designed to be rolled up for camping purposes, it provides a unique level of support. I have now used it 100% of the time for the last 1000 miles of driving. Love it! And I can drive all day in complete comfort.
Cycledoc675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 07:56 AM   #12

Hi KJcachers and welcome to the forums. Do a search on these forums for Precept and there will be a lot of info. Also search iRV2.com
We bought our "Bertha" last July and have put on over 4500 miles. Spent 2 months in LA..............Lower Alabama during the winter and numerous trips from weekends to 2 weeks at a time.
Yes, there have been some things that have been bothersome and there is a real learning curve involved. But overall, we really like and enjoy all that Bertha is.

The new model 2016s have some real nice improvements over earlier models. Joe said it best............Jayco CS is outstanding and very responsive to questions.

There is a Precept Owners Group on these forums. Check in and see what owners are discussing. If you join us, click the "group tools" on the right and "subscribe" so you will be notified of posts.
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html

Good luck with your search and don't hesitate to ask as questions come to mind.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:35 PM   #13

We bought a 31UL in June. We like the unit overall, but are very disappointed with all the little things that continually go wrong. Screws fall out, cameras lose connections, blinds won't go up/down, GPS was a nightmare, bathroom ceiling fan fell to floor. Going on fourth trip this weekend without our backup camera working. Dreading the winterization upcoming. Hoping the failures slow down soon.
SandiTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:04 AM   #14

We purchased our 31UL late in June this year and have been out three times for 12 nights and have traveled 1,400 miles. Although we experienced some very minor issues, we are very pleased with the Precept so far. Our dealer and Jayco have been very responsive in what issues we have encountered.

Steve

Steve & Sharon
2015 Precept 31UL
Tow - 2010 Honda CR-V
gmapatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #15

About that pillow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycledoc675 View Post
Jacobsnc, I noticed the same issue with the lumbar support. But I had a Therm-a-Rest Compressible Pillow (search for it on Amazon.com) from my trailer camping days. It perfectly fits in the seat, doesn't slide around, and because it is designed to be rolled up for camping purposes, it provides a unique level of support. I have now used it 100% of the time for the last 1000 miles of driving. Love it! And I can drive all day in complete comfort.
Cycledoc675: the pillow is available in four sizes. Do you recall what size pillow you are using? Thanks! This pillow is going in my wish list ... Christmas is coming!
javankrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:48 PM   #16

Not sure.
After the ac compressor fell out we were hopefull,so we went on a trip to the north east from florida.on the trip we realized TV does not go up quite enough to use remote.back up camera died.ice maker does not work.couch not confertable.front seats are to long and have no lumbar support.dvd player only works when it wants to. And for the second time it left us stranded ,250 miles from home a wheel bearing let go
Gualter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:14 PM   #17

Go to the Jayco owners site and then join the Precept owners group. Tons of great info and experiences of Precept owners. I lost a wheel bearing in no mans land Kansas with less than 4000 miles.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:51 AM   #18

I can't find where to join forum. ��

Sandi
SandiTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:02 AM   #19

Go to forum, then click on community, then click on Precept owners group.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:08 AM   #20

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/gr...%27+group.html
Jayco Owners Group link

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote