Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #1

Precept Power Driver & Passenger Seats Stopped Working

Aside from them being positioned poorly/not square, has anyone figured out if there is a fuse blowing somewhere causing them to stop working?

I demo'd a 2017 Precept in Florida in May and the driver's side power seat did not work.

On my new 2018 Precept 35S they were working for the three weeks I've owned it, today I notice that the passenger power seat is not working.

Any ideas?
GerryB54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #2

Well that was an easy "fix"...maybe while at the RV service facility yesterday somebody spun the seat too far and inadvertently pulled out the two electrical leads...pushed them back together at the connectors and seat has power.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:07 PM   #3

On looking into it further, depending on the forward/backward position of the seat it was causing the wiring to pull tight at the connectors, plenty of wire tied under seat, so pulled one loop out of the tied wire for a little more play.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:34 PM   #4

I experienced the same problem on my passenger seat during our last camping trip. Same as you I discovered that the plug had pulled apart. I now make sure I swivel the seat in the same direction each time I turn it around and then reverse the direction when putting it back to face forward. This way the cord can't get wrapped around the base and it prevents it from pulling it tight until the connection pulls apart. Live and learn.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #5

These seats have had that problem since 2015, you would thing the factory could better train the installers to route the cables correctly.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:13 AM   #6

I had this happen to my drivers seat- I removed the electrical tape and found a plug that was loose and making a connection only sometimes- I made sure the connection was tight and retapped it so it could not pull loose again.

The way they swivel will put a strain an a plug-
Farris7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:29 AM   #7

I'm more concerned at the positioning of the seat as it's bolted to the floor. The seats are not mounted square to the dashboard, front of the coach, maybe off about an inch.

The second issue is the positioning of the driver's seat forward and backward. I am 6' tall and have to have the seat all the way forward and reach all pedals and steering wheel, but not comfortably. Anyone that is shorter or with shorter legs would not be able to easily drive and control the rig.

I know they try to position the seats so they can swivel and be part of the main coach seating area when parked, and on the driver's side they want the seat to not interfere with the steering wheel if reclined, but first and foremost it should be positioned for comfortable DRIVING!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:10 PM   #8

GerryB54 - Check out the thread "Captains Chairs" in the Precept Owners Group. It describes the seat positioning and the relatively easy fix. Several of us experienced the same issue as you and after the fix it is much more pleasurable to drive. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:06 AM   #9

I'll go check it out, thanks.