Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #1

Purchased a new 2018 Jayco Alante Class A 26X

Hi Everyone,

First off, I'm brand new to this site, so I'm still getting used to surfing through it.
My wife and I have owned motorhomes and travel trailers in the past, so we are not exactly newbies, other than to this site, which looks fantastic and to the Jayco Alante 26X we just purchased.
We've paid for our 26X, gone through our walkthrough and gave the dealer our punch list of items that needed their attention, which by the way was not much at all ... just a few small things like ink on the drivers seat, and heatshield broken in the engine compartment, and some dirt that had to be cleaned up, other than that, it looked great.
We should be picking up our Alante 26X in a few days, so if there are any of you who presently own the Alante 26X and have some tips for us or just have something you'd like to mention, we would surely appreciate
it. Even if you have something to say in general about Jayco, and not necessarily the Jayco 26X.
We made our purchase at Tampa RV in Dover Florida and have been happy with them so far ..... they seem caring and sincere, so we hope this is the start of a very good relationship with this dealership.

Thanks you in Advance and we hope to see you in a campground in the future,

James
james3345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #2

Congratulations on your new Alante and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #3

Hi Sherm and Terry,

Thank you for your congrats on our new Alante. We hope to meet you two in person at a campground in the future ..... we have two French Bull Dogs, one 3 year old girl and a 8 month old boy.

James and Carol
Old 07-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #4

Congratulations on your new MH. Can't say anything about the 26X, we have a 26AY. So far just a few problems, check rhe nuts on the wiper arms, ours were loose, have to find out why the LED lights on the front aren't working and have are having problems with the backup camera.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #5

Thanks very much Mitch S.... we appreciate it.

James and Carol
Old 07-30-2017, 08:34 PM   #6

Welcome to the forums, and to the Jayco family!

We pick up our 4th Jayco this week, a 2018 Alante 31v. This is our first class A, so there should be a bit of a learning curve from the Class C's that we had before.

We go back and forth from Fort Lauderdale to West Virginia several times a year. This time we'll be going down the west coast of Florida, and trying out the Fort DeSoto Campground for the first time.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:46 PM   #7

Dear Logan Family,

We wish you lots of luck with your 31V ..... I'm glad to hear that this will be your fourth Jayco RV ..... you must have been happy with the Jayco brand, which is good to hear since we'll be picking up our first Jayco this coming week. Enjoy your trips with your new class A.

James
Old 07-30-2017, 10:03 PM   #8

One thing that I highly recommend is a Safe-T-Plus, it helps control the steering if you would have a front tire blow out, plus it firms up the steering and helps with the pushing you get when a semi passes you. Something I haven't had a chance to do is a front end alignment and the cheap handling fix, Two things thatI still need to do.
Mitch S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:45 AM   #9

I hope you'll enjoy yours as much as we're enjoying ours!
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:52 PM   #10

Thank you Mitch S. I'll ask the dealer about that item ... it sounds like a
great add on for safety.

James
Old 07-31-2017, 04:58 PM   #11

Hello klspahr,

It sounds like you haven't had any issues with yours ... is it a 2018 Jayco Alante 26X ?
Good luck with it and we hope you enjoy traveling with it ..... We had taken it for a test drive, and for the short 20 minute trip, we thought it handled very well, but we'll find out for sure when we drive it home for 1 1/2 hours from the dealership ....

Thanks for the reply,
James
Old 07-31-2017, 06:03 PM   #12

Congrats on your 26AX; we love our 2016 purchased last fall. I had the tires rebalanced on our first long trip, big improvement. I found two entry holes for plumbing etc in the floor that were not sealed; one under the drawer below the stove and one under the sink that I found from below; recommend you check and seal. Overhead bed was not firmly attached to bulkhead, not dangerous but noisy. I did CHF and keep tires at about 100lbs. Have replaced two TVs, Furrions did not stand up. Dealer has been fantastic. Enjoy your new ride.
BMckee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:49 PM   #13

Congratulations James. Stay on top of Tampa Rv. Make sure you're getting the Alante you test drove. Overall make them slow down and be thorough. We bought a 31v from them in April and are having some warranty items taken care of. A lot of fun when it works right.
On a side note does anyone know if having a Safe T Plus installed voids the Ford chassis warranty ?

Thanks,

Tom & Deb
twoflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoflamingos View Post
Congratulations James. Stay on top of Tampa Rv. Make sure you're getting the Alante you test drove. Overall make them slow down and be thorough. We bought a 31v from them in April and are having some warranty items taken care of. A lot of fun when it works right.
On a side note does anyone know if having a Safe T Plus installed voids the Ford chassis warranty ?

Thanks,

Tom & Deb
Now THAT is something that I didn't even think of! I would hate to mess up the warranty... Doesn't really do any good to call Ford Motorhome Service, as we would need the answer in writing. Not that I don't trust Ford....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #15

Thanks TwoFlamingos,

We appreciate your input ..... we will certainly take your advice.
Hopefully we'll get to meet you at a campground someday somewhere.

James and Carol
Old 08-01-2017, 09:58 AM   #16

Congratulations on the new 2018 Jayco Alante Class A 26X. Be sure to ask questions here in the JOF, we have benefited a great deal from the info provided by others. This is a great group of people who are willing and able to help answer your questions.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #17

Hi jkaras7,

Thanks for your input to my post. I too believe this is a great site to
ask questions and the people on the site are extremely helpful .....
thanks to all and we're hoping everyone enjoys their camping trips.

James
Old 08-11-2017, 01:35 PM   #18

Hi James,
Just got back from 3 weeks in the Adirondacks.

We bought a left over 2016 Alante 26y in June.
All motorhomes have problems, but nothing big so far. I have fixed everything my self rather than taking it to the dealer - they're quite a distance from our home. The biggest problem was a leak at the kitchen window under certain heavy storms. I found that the sealing tape that was used to attach the outside frame was missing at one spot. I'm pretty sure I have that sealed now.

But over all I'm very happy with it. Mine seems to handle well compared to some of the posts I read here. I was worried about the short wheelbase effecting the ride, but it's not bad. The short wheelbase allows for a smaller turning radius.

My current problem is load carrying capacity, it is easy to overload this thing. So I'm cutting back on our "junk in the trunk"
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote