Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #1

Thumbs up RV One Orlando

More often that not, I find myself reading and writing vents. Seldom give credit where it's due but, I'd like to correct that now. I had previously written about going on an extended trip in my 35S and needing some work, especially on the fridge that did not work on LP, before leaving.

I had an appointment at RV One in Orlando and was greeted by Ashlynn Straughanm, a service advisor there. She had the list of all the pending things which she had previously gone over with me on a prior phone call. She introduced me to George, one of the service techs and the three of us went to the MH to inspect its condition and to go over each of the points. George said he would do all he could to get me out the same day as otherwise I'd have to drive about 280 miles roundtrip to pick it up later. I agreed to wait knowing that, if at the end of the day they couldn't resolve everything, I'd have to leave and come back.

By mid afternoon Ashlynn asked me to go back to George who had fixed the LP refrigerator issue, with a full explanation as to what had happened. He also gave me some tips on what to do if it happened again. He had removed the trim and tacked the wallboard to the wall and replaced the strip indicating there was nothing to hold it in place when I got it from the factory. Better than new. He also adjusted the latches on the double door garbage/storage tray which opens anytime I turn right but indicated a more permanent solution would require a latch he didn't have in stock. I have them and will install one soon. He corrected a bump on a cover of the bed headboard slide. There were two compartment doors that needed adjusting but he went and adjusted every single one. Lastly, I had mentioned reading about the rear wheel liners coming loose and falling on the tires and he installed several screws with large washers and added large washers to the existing ones. These should never come off with the work I saw he did.

At the end, they shook my hand, moved the motorhome where I could hook up my toad again and said I didn't owe or have to sign anything. So, I'm officially writing about my satisfaction with this dealer and how quickly and efficiently I was handled. The only caveat is that my Garmin GPS took me back to I-4 through several streets with really low branches, not RV One's fault. I will ask for directions if there's a next time. Very pleased, five stars as far as I'm concerned.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #2

RV One Orlando

Congrats on the motor home . My sister in law had a great experience there as well. Glad to see positive posts!
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
M&A

Thanks for the write-up. Makes me feel good about our continued business with them.

And yes, fun driving the back streets of Winter Park!
Old 08-02-2017, 05:23 PM   #4

Rv One Orland0

I was really pleased to read your experience with Rv One. We have had less than satisfactory experiences with Rv One Tampa. But your post gives me hope that we can straighten things out. Funny, we initially made contact with a salesperson from Orlando at the rv show in Tampa.

Thanks,

Tom & Deb Colligan
twoflamingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #5

I know this is only one experience but I hope it is a turn for the better. Our purchase experience was great, our return service appointments were less then good. My last visit was with Ashlynn as well and she did a good job.

As for where the dealership is located, the drive there, approach, and drive out, well that's another story and if you make it to I-4 your on to your next experience.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
GJB

I tried really hard to stay out of this thread but just couldn't do it. While I am happy for the people that had a good experience at Orlando RV my dealings with them where horrible. They had my 35S for 2 months without doing anything to repair warranty issues. When I Finally called Jayco I was told they had not requested authorization for any repairs all the while being told by Orlando RV they where waiting for Jayco. I got lie after lie every time I talked to them. After Jayco lite a fire under them thay returned my RV with an empty gas tank, Had put 54 hrs on the generator and left the center section of the dash unscrewed. They shorted out the leveling jacks and did not even address 1/2 of my complaints. Needless to say I will not do business with these people and can not recommend them to anyone. It was a disapointing experience dealing with these folks. This is just a brief overview of my issues with them there are many more. Buyer beware of this dealer.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #7

oya the RVONE dealers in NY are terrible to use also!
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote