Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2016, 03:54 PM   #1

Question SiriusXM install on 2016 Precept 31UL

Has anyone installed SiriusXM radio on their 31UL Precept? The radio is a Jensen JRV215N and is "SiriusXM Ready". What tuner did you buy and where did you put the antenna? Any install issues that I need to be aware of?
floozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #2

We just bought a '16 Precept 31UL last month and bought the SiriusXM Tuner for ours - the model number is: SXV300. Got it at Best Buy but any electronics retailer, (or Amazon), is sure to have them and should be around $50. The Tuner plugs into the back of the Jensen JRV215N with a special plug, (supplied), and then we ran the antenna up on top of the dash, almost directly in front of where driver sits. We just ran the antenna cable under the dash then up the side and over to where the antenna can 'see' the satellite.
Hope that helps, and enjoy that 31UL!
GN
nolosrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #3

We have the 2015 31ul with same Jensen radio. Purchase tuner at BestBuy and had dealer install for us. Antenna was permanently installed on roof. Works great.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #4

Have you had any problems receiving a sat signal with the location on the dash?
Old 05-17-2016, 09:03 AM   #5

I need to update my post about placing the SiriusXM antenna on the dash - we just took our first big trip and having the antenna on dash didn't work as planned. We're now going to get the antenna mounted on the roof. We found that when driving south & east it worked fine but when traveling north, the radio would lose the signal occasionally. Pardon the wrong/rookie advice and get your antenna mounted on the roof.
nolosrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #6

Update

We downloaded the sirriusxm app and now use my phone plugged in to the usb . works perfectly. no need to buy anything extra or pay for another subscription!
Old 05-17-2016, 07:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by floozie View Post
We downloaded the sirriusxm app and now use my phone plugged in to the usb . works perfectly. no need to buy anything extra or pay for another subscription!
Provided you have cell coverage!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #8

x2 Floozie
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:31 AM   #9

I also purchased the SVX300 and initially placed the antenna on the dash. Travelling north, no signal at all.
I then routed the cable up the driver side door molding, and up the inside wall, placing the antenna on a magnetic plate stuck to the interior ceiling. No drilling to the exterior, and it works perefectly.
1 Shizu, 1 Havanese
Dreamgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #10

More details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgolfer View Post
I also purchased the SVX300 and initially placed the antenna on the dash. Travelling north, no signal at all.
I then routed the cable up the driver side door molding, and up the inside wall, placing the antenna on a magnetic plate stuck to the interior ceiling. No drilling to the exterior, and it works perefectly.
Did you provide the magnetic plate? I looked up and could see where the cable could be routed but no access to the roof without removing the A pillar molding.
Did you just place the antenna between the coach ceiling and roof? I'm trying to visualize this in my mind.

Right now my antenna is lying on the dash near the base of the windshield and probably have coverage 70 to 80% of the time.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:22 AM   #11

I have a 2016 Greyhawk MV.

Anyone add the xm module themselves?

I'm a little concerned about removing the radio to plug in the xm in the back.

Can't seem to find removal instructions online.

Any thoughts?
PapiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:50 AM   #12

Well, you might find more info if you were in the Class C forum where other Greyhawk owners hang out.

Having said that the XM module is plug and play and Google is your friend. I'm sure there are video's or written instructions on the interweb on "how to" remove the radio and install the module.

I installed the module in my Precept 35S and removing the radio required 4 screws, easy peasy. I would think it might be a tiny bit more difficult removing it from the Ford truck dashboard.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:26 AM   #13

Thank you.

Ha! Fairly new to the Jatco Owners forum, and I didn't realize I was posting on the Class A forum. Will pay better attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickM View Post
Well, you might find more info if you were in the Class C forum where other Greyhawk owners hang out.

Having said that the XM module is plug and play and Google is your friend. I'm sure there are video's or written instructions on the interweb on "how to" remove the radio and install the module.

I installed the module in my Precept 35S and removing the radio required 4 screws, easy peasy. I would think it might be a tiny bit more difficult removing it from the Ford truck dashboard.
PapiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:14 PM   #14

No problem and good luck. Worst case Best Buy can install it for a fee.

Tags
siriusxm