Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #1

Slideout stuck....HELP

Hi,
I posted this on Precept forum but thought maybe some in general class A could help. On Christmas I was showing our son the unit and I got the bed to slideout okay but not the living area. It stopped about halfway out and won't come back in. We have checked fuses and breakers and all look good.

We are expecting to have snow and winds on Monday sometime and I would like very much to get this back in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? I tried Good Sam Road Side Assistance but no one wants to come out and some guys didn't even answer their phone.

Bonnie
digbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Site Team

I have no experience with motor homes but there should be a way to manually retract the slide with a socket wrench. Perhaps another MH owner will chime in.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #3

Thanks Crabman, that would be our last resort. I think after you do that you have to take in to be recalibrated or something like that. It has to go in to have a leaky window fixed, so I guess no big deal. It couldn't have happened on a busier weekend. I can't imagine what weekend and holiday charges would have been is some would have come out through Sam's Club road side assistance.

This is just not a happy way to start life with a motorhome we just picked up on December 11th.
When the slide on our Shamrock hybrid wouldn't work, I just asked on the Forest River forum and had an answer within an hour. These forums are great help and I love the suggestions for other things people share.
Bonnie
Old 12-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #4

What type of slide? Schwintek? Has the upper and lower gear track on each end of slide? I'm guessing it won't move at all? Will it even make a noise? Need a little more info if possible.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #5

Hi John,
The literature says it is a Power Gear. It has narrow tracks on tops and bottoms.

Your are right, it doesn't move at all. When it stopped, it stopped. No slowing down, no grinding noise.

My DH is getting ready to call the service department where we purchased this. Problem is they are in Des Moines, Iowa and we are 50 miles east of Madison. They did say call when you need help and HELP we do need. It wouldn't be quite so bad if I could drive it somewhere. At least it is cold enough now so hopefully no more water comes in that side window.

Bonnie

Bonnie
Old 12-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #6

I tried attaching some PDF files on this system, but the forum doesn't allow PDF files of this side. Go figure, PDFs are large files.

Anyway, if you can, go to this link:
Slideout System Power Gear In-Wall

There are 2 drop downs. Under each is everything from manuals to troubleshooting guides on this system. I don't have time to read through all of them at the moment, but will this evening. Hopefully you aren't still dead in the water at that point. Unfortunately I've never worked on this particular system, however it looks like and appears to function just like the Schwintek, also under LCI's roof of products. I know on the Schwintek, even with a fault code there is a way to do an emergency override and get the slide in. I'm sure this system is similar. A quick scan over a few of the PDF's and there are ways to override it. If you haven't yet, you'll have to locate the control box, or brain. That can be fun. Sometimes it can be in the basement, or several other places, but I can assure you it's close to the slideout itself.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #7

Hi John,
I found the stuff to print out. My only problem is that I can't find the boxes they show in the instruction booklets. I've opened most of the panels the service guy said don't open. There is one more under the sofa/lower bunk I will try tomorrow. UGH!

Bonnie