Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #21

We just returned from a 2750 mile trip to South Dakota in our 31UL. Had a problem with our tankless hot water heater. On the 3rd day out it stopped heating the water. I looked through the manual and I did not find anything helpful in the troubleshooting section. Then I had the bright idea of checking YouTube. I searched tankless RV water heater and there it was. An demonstration which included the reset button location which I did not find in the manual. Imagine that?¿? The button is. It readily apparent as it is quite small. I pressed the button and the hot water started up right away. It was explained that the reset button trips like a fuse if the thermostat is set too high, which it was. I had it set as hot as it would go. So I experimented with it and discovered at about 1/3 point on the thermostat it is comfortable in the shower using only the hot water setting. Good to know and we are happy, at least for now.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #22

I have the Basic model in mine. I planned to go South to SC during winter but it gets so cold at night it would ruin my tank. I will have to upgrade to the Comfort model because that model isn't supposed to freeze up. Can't believe Jayco would put in heated tanks and water lines with a water heater you can't use in cold weather.
Gaffer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #23

After 3 years I believe the tankless heater is 90% dependant on 45-55 lbs water pressure. Water temp coming in makes a slight difference easily regulated by temp dial. That's running city water. My on board pump does not have enough pressure to give a consistent shower. Fortunately I rarely have to use it. I use an adjustable regulator set at 52 psi at my RV lot. Had fine showers from April thru November. Last winter in Florida with low pressure it was a crapshoot at getting a decent shower.

hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer75 View Post
I have the Basic model in mine. I planned to go South to SC during winter but it gets so cold at night it would ruin my tank. I will have to upgrade to the Comfort model because that model isn't supposed to freeze up. Can't believe Jayco would put in heated tanks and water lines with a water heater you can't use in cold weather.
There is a kit available to upgrade the Truma Basic model so that it can be used in colder weather. Check Truma’s website to find a dealer in your area. The cost of the kit is much less than a new Comfort model.