Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-02-2017, 02:03 PM   #21

Hi!! I used an actual plastic file box. I thought the same thing. Dumbest thing ever! I have a 2018 alante.. hope this helps.
Rvlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:12 PM   #22

You need one of these.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 09-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #23

I bought two small waste baskets at Wallyworld and put them on sliders. One for trash and one for recycles.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6004.jpg  
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #24

Trash can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
I have a small trash container that plastic grocery bags fit into, and set it outside the cabinet. Every morning, no matter how full it is, I carry it up to the dumpster and throw it away. Good reason for some forced exercise.
Ditto. We empty, small grocery bag, trash daily. We can get an 8 gallon, recycle can, under our sink. (Precept 31UL)
Old 01-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
We empty ours every day, but then we have a baby on board.

OP, is there any place you could use one of those racks you mount to the inside of the cabinet? Like this: Robot Check
I got those from Amazon but then figured that I could also just hang the plastic shopping bag from a drawer pull and so put them in a couple of the cargo storage doors for handy disposal of the latex gloves for sewer work, etc.
berwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #26

We have a small step-lid lined can in the bathroom, plenty of room beside the toilet, and a small soft sided trash can lined with grocery bags in the shower for the kitchen, which gets emptied every evening. At times I will hang a tall kitchen bag on the rear ladder for recyclables (beer and wine drinkers )
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:21 PM   #27

I use a compost can with charcoal lid. I place in spot on floor and use it on counter when cooking. Works well.
Lorraine Yigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #28

We found a rack built to hold plastic grocery bags that hangs off the top of the cabinet door under the sink. The bag hangs outside the cabinet, and takes no cabinet space at all. Use two plastic grocery bags though, because sometimes they have holes. The only drawback for us is keeping the dogs from getting too interested, but they're pretty well trained to stay out of it.
Michael Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:42 AM   #29

Plastic Bag Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Francois View Post
We found a rack built to hold plastic grocery bags that hangs off the top of the cabinet door under the sink. The bag hangs outside the cabinet, and takes no cabinet space at all. Use two plastic grocery bags though, because sometimes they have holes. The only drawback for us is keeping the dogs from getting too interested, but they're pretty well trained to stay out of it.
I don't want to look at the bags. Compressed, they don't take up that much space. (We don't keep bags with holes.)
Old 08-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #30

We bought the Camping World trash can here:
https://www.campingworld.com/thetfor...age-bag-holder
But I only use one of the poles to make it shorter. I also have a 19RD and I keep it under the refrigerator. I use 13 gallon trash bags and because it is open it holds quite a bit of trash. It comes apart easily so you can wrangle the trash bag out of it.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #31

Too late to help you!

This is too late to help you... But maybe another reader will consider the suggestion...

I recently was helping out my brother as he narrowed down his search for a TT and one of the pieces of advice I gave him was when you have narrowed the field to a few models, go back to the dealer but take a few items with you. My suggestions.. Your trash can, laundry hamper and dog bowls. Put them inside the unit and see if you still have the ability to move around. If they don't fit then hunt around the unit and see if there is space for alternate solutions that will still work for you. Mobility in an empty trailer is very different then a full one and can quickly become a source of frustration.

We just bought a new A Class, I did not completely follow that advice. But I did bring a measuring tape and measured out the floor space each of those items required and made sure we had a clear picture of where they will go while living in the unit.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arniesports60 View Post
In our 31UL we have a small plastic garbage container under the sink.
When we are camping we tend to pull it out and put it next to the dinette and the entrance door for convenient access.
DW and I were discussing this topic; as we are getting what you already have, you just saved us something to figure out. Thanks !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote