Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #11
The main power by the stairs must be on for my ac units to work off the gen. This is a 12v main which operates my ac themostats.

Not sure about the microwave.

The generator should have two breakers, to remove the cover; pull out the panel from the top, then lift it up and remove the bottom first. That's how my gen cover comes off, then I find two breakers on the left front.

StevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:06 PM   #12
Main Power

Hey Bonnie,

Your Main Power does need to be toggled on. I will be honest... I need a road map to understand the wiring in theses rigs... But I was just at my rig having battery issues so the main power switch was off and I did not have power to the Thermostat even with the Genny on, therefore no A/C. Once I started the truck it provided the 12v power source and the thermostat came on and the A/C along with it. Of course that does not explain the Microwave??? Something to do with the Inverter maybe?

Now that my battery is functioning again... I turn on the main power, start the Genny and the A/C works fine even without the truck running. I think I also had the inverter on... Not sure if that is required.

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #13
Thanks to all your help we have a working generator! Once we were able to remove the front panel, we saw that the breakers had tripped. We reset them and turned on a bunch of stuff for a while.

We traded in a hybrid trailer for this motorhome and had a few problems over the 2 years. As we encountered them and solved them I added the fixes to the manual. I also made a note about the forums available and the great people out there offering help.

Bonnie and Rich
Winston and Digby (4 legged kids)

digbydoo is offline   Reply With Quote