Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2016, 10:10 PM   #1

Warranty woes

I have a new jayco precept 31ul precept and have a problem with my bedroom Ac unit. The bigger problem is finding someone in New Jersey to fix it. It seems all the jayco dealers in this state which are few tell me if you didn't buy it here we will not even look at it. I thought all jayco dealers had an obligation to honor Jayco's 2 year warranty. Has anyone else had that problem and did jayco step in and demand that a dealer fix it?
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #2

Contact Jayco customer service and request the information for an authorized service center in the area.
or
In many cases they will authorize warranty repairs at any dealer that can perform the work.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djtommysr View Post
I have a new jayco precept 31ul precept and have a problem with my bedroom Ac unit. The bigger problem is finding someone in New Jersey to fix it. It seems all the jayco dealers in this state which are few tell me if you didn't buy it here we will not even look at it. I thought all jayco dealers had an obligation to honor Jayco's 2 year warranty. Has anyone else had that problem and did jayco step in and demand that a dealer fix it?
We only have 2 Jayco dealers and I won't step foot on the one I purchased mine from for several reasons. So I called the other dealer which is 40+ miles away and they said no problem. Doesn't matter where you purchased the coach. However I have heard that the place I bought mine takes people that didn't buy directly from them but they will put you on the back burner or be a little snobby. It's what I read on the reviews from their facebook site. But anyone should be able to help. What if you are hundreds of miles away and something goes wrong will a near by dealer turn you away cause you didn't buy from them? I don't think so...good luck and call Jayco if you have too but don't get on there bad side because they can hold your trailer hostage. Saying it's almost done or parts are on there way stuff like that. Again good luck.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:51 PM   #4

I had a minor issue that Camping World completed, while I had them install a safe-t-steer for me. And they we're not even a Jayco dealer.
They just got the pre-approval from Jayco.
No problemo
Roadmaster Falcon Tow bar
Henderson rear trac bar
Safe-T Plus
FlaBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaBound View Post
I had a minor issue that Camping World completed, while I had them install a safe-t-steer for me. And they we're not even a Jayco dealer.
They just got the pre-approval from Jayco.
No problemo
I have used Camping World as well since there is a CW 6 minutes from my house and the dealer is an hour drive away. Jayco approved all the warranty work that needed done.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropnaduece View Post
We only have 2 Jayco dealers and I won't step foot on the one I purchased mine from for several reasons. So I called the other dealer which is 40+ miles away and they said no problem. Doesn't matter where you purchased the coach. However I have heard that the place I bought mine takes people that didn't buy directly from them but they will put you on the back burner or be a little snobby. It's what I read on the reviews from their facebook site. But anyone should be able to help. What if you are hundreds of miles away and something goes wrong will a near by dealer turn you away cause you didn't buy from them? I don't think so...good luck and call Jayco if you have too but don't get on there bad side because they can hold your trailer hostage. Saying it's almost done or parts are on there way stuff like that. Again good luck.
Since your close to us, I'm curious as to which dealer you bought from that you aren't happy with.
luv2camp04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:52 AM   #7

I'm in Jersey too so I assume you're talking about Whitehorse or maybe Fretz out in PA? And you're right, they won't put you on the list unless you bought it from them.

I hate Camping World.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #8

Weird, all the CW here in the Southeast are Jayco dealers. I would have assumed all of them are.

Steve
Old 12-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #9
Site Team

Not so.
Our local cw only sells motorhomes only because a long time independent dealer has the franchise for towables.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 10:05 PM   #10

Camping World replaced the circuit board in our rear AC ... We have a 2016 Precept 35S
JacqueTanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #11

Unlike auto dealers that are franchised to the manufacturer rv dealers are independent so they will be preferential to who they sold units to. One way of getting the dealers attention is posting an unsatisfactory review to their website. My wife did that and she got an immediate call from the service manager and we were then scheduled for service.
Keetters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevL View Post
Weird, all the CW here in the Southeast are Jayco dealers. I would have assumed all of them are.
Steve
The CW in Raleigh is not a Jayco dealer. A longtime, family-owned independent is a Jayco motorhome/towable dealership and there is another family-owned independent about 20 miles away which has a towable-only franchise.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote