Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #1

Water Pump Wiring - 2015 Precept

Last week at an RV rally in Tucson, I had the SeaLevel II tank monitoring system installed. The installer replaced the Jayco monitor with its water pump switch with the Sea Level monitor. The SeaLevel water pump switch now causes the 15 Amp fuse on the water pump/monitor circuit to blow. If I remove the three connections to the SeaLevel pump switch, both the bathroom and the outside water compartment switches work normally.

I have talked to both the installer and to Jayco customer service. Neither knows how the three water switches should be wired.

I pulled the two Jayco switches I still have (in the bathroom and in the water bay) out and found both are SPDT (single pole double throw) with a blue wire connected to the center input terminal. A red wire and a white wire are connected to the other two terminals. In the water bay, the blue wire is connected to the water pump red wire and the white is connected to the water pump black wire.

The white, blue, and red wires in the control panel meant to be connected to the water pump switch (but which blow the fuse) have had wires crimped onto them to connect them to the SeaLevel molex as follows: The red wire is connected to the SeaLevel 12v input, the blue wire has a connection to the SeaLevel pump indicator light, and the white wire to the SeaLevel black ground connection.

If anyone can make any sense of all this and offer advice on how to make the SeaLevel water pump switch work, I would be in your debt.
SherpaTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #2

If you have a double pole switch then the switch has two functions. The switch switched to one pole turns the water pump on, what happens when you turn the switch to the other position?
Also, sounds a little strange a ground wire is attached to a switch wire, seems like this is the cause of the dead short. Do you have a wiring diagram of the sea level water pump switch? I can then draw a schematic with all your information and figure it out.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

The switch is what is called a SPDT 0n/0n

Three terminals and two switch positions. One position shorts the center terminal to one outside terminal and the other position sghorts the center to the other outside terminal. So the pump should be either on or off.

I've sent you a private message hoping we can talk. Thanks.
SherpaTravels is offline   Reply With Quote