Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #11
I have 2016 31DS Greyhawk and it has yet to produce a constant hot water So I'm waiting for owner of dealership to get back in town to see how they plan to handle our RV cause with all the problems we have had and still has some vibration going on it is time to turn it in under the Lemon LAW

fred639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:22 PM   #12

Have you looked into replacing the Girard with the Truma AquaGo system?
Supposedly it promises to deliver :
'Instant' (like ours)
'Constant' (which our could be)

consumer experience:

Arniesports60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:46 AM   #13
Hot water Temperature Fluctuation

One reason for the change in water temperature from very hot to ice cold is water flow. Most trailers have water savers or restrictors in the shower head. The on demand system can make hot water so hot and so fast that when the water doesn't flow fast enough the sensor in the water heater shuts the unit off thus the hot then cold. Take off your shower head and hose and remove all the restrictor washers so you get a good fast flow of water then lower your setting for your water temperature. After a few adjustments you will love this system. It worked for me. PS I replaced the shower head and hose with one made for a regular home shower and it even works better than before.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #14
Should this have been figured out by the rv manufactures before they sold it as "standard equipment"? I'm not one to "jury rig" a water heater to make it produce a steady stream of warm water. The modern tank water heater is so well insulated it takes a whole lot less water and propane to create a steady stream of hot water.
Less water, less propane, seems the old tried and true tank heater is still a much better value than an on demand water heater that needs near perfect conditions to perform. After having a moment of scalding water followed by ice cold water does not in any circumstance make me a happy camper. The on demand FAILED to deliver the hot water needed to wash dishes or shower.
Sorry but for the price paid for a motorhome one should not have to hope for a steady stream of warm water, nor should we have to problem solve a failed system.

Malu is offline   Reply With Quote