Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2015, 08:36 AM   #21

#5 If you have the Clarion system, turn on the radio, press the top button above the volume knob "menu", once the screen shows you options, slide with your fingers the screen to the left... twice. You will see a screen/window, top right that is a rear view camera.
Press, tap that window and walla you have rear vision anytime you want it.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #22

X 2!

I keep it on the rear camera screen quite a bit to monitor the toad, especially for a while after starting out initially, and again after any stops where the car has been reconnected. It is probably paranoia on my part, but with my rig being large and powerful I really can't tell it is there unless I see it in the camera or turn sharply enough to catch it in the mirrors.
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #23

Robbbyr..........we're not big or powerful lolololol but keeping the toad in view is not possible w/out the rear camera. Not paranoia, just good common sense on your part.
Roadmaster base plate
Old 07-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #24

I know they are not for everybody (it would be boring if they were) but the Seneca sure is both!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #25

Thanks Darrell! That's what I love about forums like this, there is always someone who has "Been there, done that". Thanks for the info!
AugerN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #26

Darrell, what type of material did you use for your visors? Post a pic, perhaps?

Mike
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
CaptainHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 02:15 PM   #27

Mike, I found the material at Hobby Lobby. It is cloth but looks like dark brown leather/vinyl on one side. The other side is black smooth cloth. The leather looking matches the trim on Bertha's furniture. The material is 26" wide so I folded it so we actually have 16" sun blockage.
The "drape" is clipped to the sun visors (down position) with file clips. Very securely held in place.
Please understand, this is an amateur job with the goal of blocking the sun/reflections. No hems or other fine finish...........it is functional.
Pics..........I'll try

By reducing the amount of sun/reflection, I have also given our dash AC a better chance of keeping up.
Roadmaster base plate
Old 07-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I know they are not for everybody (it would be boring if they were) but the Seneca sure is both!
Please don't misunderstand me.........we really like the Seneca line and amenities
Roadmaster base plate
Old 07-03-2015, 06:29 AM   #29

17. With as many bumps, rattle, and rolls as the bus has, I'm surprised that anything stays tight unless it's coated heavily in loctite! In all honesty, it doesn't ride bad at all but I do feel like I need to check the tightness of things frequently for my sanity. (and after already finding many things loose)
18. And that reminds me... anyone care to post the wiring schematic files? I know that I saw them here somewhere. While dumping the sewer yesterday I noticed a black wired grounded to the frame just rear of the jack that was otherwise dangling freely. I'm sure it would like to find it's home.
19. End of first trip and we are hooked. 2 weeks into ownership, approx. 1800 miles and 6 states later. Averaged about 6.8 mph with average cruise of about 73mph with gen always on and average ambient temp of about 92. Not too bad I suppose.
20. Home late last evening, back to work 0700 this am and wishing we were back on the road. Work stinks but I guess it pays the bills and is why we can have the precept.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #30

21. Has anyone considered replacing the glazed door window with a regular window (if even possible)? My wife seems to think the ride would be more enjoyable if there was a bit more of a view from the couch since the kitchen window is higher and the lapbelts prevent much of that view, especially for kids.

EDIT: Looks like camping world sells a replacement: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ndow-kit/74221

Does anyone have experience with this kit? The reviews look promising.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #31

So I tried the rear camera advice today. The rear camera works while backing. While underway, however, when I switch to the camera it says no signal. Any ideas?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #32

Unfortunately, no. Hopefully other posters will have something, that is the power of forums like this!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #33

AugerN........do you have the Clarion radio? That is what I have. In post #21, I indicated how mine works. I miss-spoke some. Once you have the screen loaded, press (touch) the top button above the volume knob. That will load 6 screens, once they have loaded, then slide the whole screen (with your finger) to the left ONE time. You will see 6 screens. The screen on the upper right will look like a drive way or roadway. Touch that screen with your finger and the window will open up with a view of what your rear camera views.
I always have the engine running and ready to roll, so I don't know if you will have this result if you are sitting, hooked up, jacks down etc.
Hope you find some results,
Darrell
Roadmaster base plate
Old 07-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #34

Thanks Darrell! I do have the Clarion but that doesn't seem to work. That's what I was doing and still getting the no signal message. And BTW with regard to my previous question about removal of the Clarion, I'm told via phone from the local service center that I need to remove the faux wood trim from around it to gain access. I will try tomorrow when I get it back from the Ford service center and see if I can fix the constant turning off with every bump problem that I previously had described.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #35

22. Warranty issues... So actually when we took delivery about two weeks ago the check engine light was on. They told me not to worry but at some point to take it to the local Ford commercial center for evaluation. We had a trip planned which is why we bought it so I checked with an OBD2 reader and saw that it was cylinder 5 injector and misfire codes that were being thrown. So since it didn't really idle rough we pressed on. So after our trip I dropped it by and they found that the injector wire had been eaten by rodents apparently while on the lot waiting to be sold. So of course Ford wouldn't cover the approx $600 repair. CampingWorld made an immediate call and paid for it. Great service so far. Interesting though, the Ford service girl pointed out that our 2015 Precept has a 2014 Ford Chassis that in their system shows it went into service in April 2014. Thus, I'm already a year down on our 3 year, 36k miles warranty. Really?!? How can this be right? This was sold to me as new just 2 weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5443.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #36

I had the same issue.......2014 chassis, 2015 Jayco. I was told when I titled the RV it was listed as a 2015 and the warranty begins with the first individual that titles the vehicle........on both the chassis and RV body.
Hope you obtain some clarification.
Thank you for this info. It is good to see CW responding to your situation and resolving it for you.
Roadmaster base plate
Old 07-07-2015, 01:06 PM   #37

23. In an effort to streamline my docking operations and to better organize, I am going to try the setup pictured below. I've added quick connects to the water fill/black tank wash inlets. A Y connector with quick connects and I picked up two 25' handi hose and added quick connects there as well. This fits into the good sam bag. I then bought the sewer solution and a carrying bag. Now I won't have to worry about leveling the stinky slinky. Takes up much less space too. Hopefully these additions will save space and speed up my current 15 minute connect time (from the time we park until all is out and connected). Where was all this when I was a kid? lol. Feel free to add any time/space saving suggestions that you may have.
Attached Thumbnails
FullSizeRender-1.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 01:12 PM   #38

I'm curious to hear how the Sewer Solution does for you. From what I've read, you'll lose the time you made up (and more) on your docking procedure in your dumping procedure. While the Sewer Solution is a much more economical alternative to a macerator pump, I understand they are very slow for dumping. You'll also want to make sure you use your tank flush with the sewer solution. This is an interesting video that sheds some light on the Sewer Solution and getting your tank clean:

https://youtu.be/zYJCLzGaaB8

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #39

Thanks, Camper Bob! The rate limiting step for me thus far has been the sewer - both set up and dumping. The set up slows me down because I spend some time trying to get a good downhill flow and it never seems to work out anyway. So I suspect I'll save some time there. The storage was another big issue. Even at dump stations I'm slow with the current set up and still have been spending 10-15 minutes after the dump trying to get the hoses clean etc. I think the doctor side of me screws things up because I change gloves multiple times if I think I may cross contaminate clean equipment, touch something with a gloved hand that may have touched the hose, etc. It's crazy and I'll eventually get over it but I have factored in the longer times at the disconnect but like to get set up quickly in the beginning. Not because I'm in a hurry but more as an astonishment from what I remember as a child helping my father. I also picked up the sewer solution as a possible solution to dumping in my sewer clean-out at home. I figure if I don't like this, then I might eventually graduate to the macerator pump. I'll let you know soon as we have a 10 day coming up.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #40

Oh, and I just assumed with this system I wouldn't really benefit from the tank back flush and would still rely upon the built in flush system.