Our trailer is 10 years old, but thanks to the constant sunshine the plastics look nice and yellow. I decided to paint some of them in place, remove some of them, and replace other ones. The worst ones were the range hood vent, and the water connections as they were facing south at the storage yard where the PO had it parked.
I masked everything off in the area and prepped it for spray painting.
I removed the power hatch, the cable jack as they needed resealed badly and were easier to remove than mask. I also removed the bathroom vent cover off the roof to paint it as well.
I replaced the luggage door latches as they were inexpensive and easy enough to replace. Honestly everything I painted could have been easily and cheaply replaced, but I didn't want to have to break the seal on everything and redo it with the new items. Everything will still get fresh caulking, and the removed items were installed with new butyl tape. It was re-assuring to see that the removed items were not leaking and the butyl tape was still soft. Sorry for the foggy look on the last photo, my lens must have had some condensation on it.
I still need to do the frame around the window of the entry door, and I'm part way through replacing ALL of the vinyl trim. It isn't easy to work with when it's cold, but it makes a huge difference. Once that is done I will finish re-caulking everything else. With the bright white bathroom vent cover installed, the A/C cover looks beige, which is sad since it was one of the whiter pieces of plastic on the trailer besides the wheel well covers and fridge roof vent...which oddly still look great. Just shows how much trouble they could save future owners if the RV industry would use UV stabilized plastic on ALL the plastics and not just some of them.