Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #1

2013 29.5 RKS mods

A few things seemed whacky with the way the internals of our 5er were designed. One was that, to access the water tank bypass valves, you had to remove a couple of screws from an access door. We got hardware from our dealer and made it a door. This is located under the oven.
Another, more irritating design was that the pump and associated plumbing is built into the kitchen L counter. You can remove drawers and just see the pump but forget getting both hands on it. We bought a matching cabinet door to the one under our oven and with matching hardware created an access door. Was able to dump the bits of manufacturing plastic residue from the screen and put more isolating foam padding under the pump and get the pex plumbing away from vibrating on any wood surfaces (drumming).
Lastly is the favorite mod of mine. A bottle opener on the rear bumper next to the BBQ mount.
Attached Thumbnails
bypass door.JPG   bypass open.JPG   island door.JPG   island open.JPG   opener.JPG  

Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:16 PM   #2

your last one is the best one yet!!
Tim
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #3

X2 on the bumper mount opener! Been trying to locate an opener like that but had no luck. Where did you get yours?
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #4

beer opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by havnfun View Post
X2 on the bumper mount opener! Been trying to locate an opener like that but had no luck. Where did you get yours?
My bro in law gave it to me, but they can be gotten on amazon or any homebrew shop.
I plan on having a catcher bucket under it for caps and bottles.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
We bought a matching cabinet door to the one under our oven and with matching hardware created an access door.
This is a nice mod - I'm looking at looking at knocking out a small "panel" (approx. 12x18) under the TV area in the rear bunkhouse of our 314BDS and would like to replace it with a cabinet door so the kids can use that area for toy storage, etc.

Could you please tell me where you purchased the "matching cabinet door & hardware" -- if from your dealer, did they have it in stock or did you need to order it directly from Jayco (if ordered, how long to get in)?

Thanks in advance.
Rich
Honda EU3000is
DW, DD x 2 (10 y/o twins), DS x 2 (8 & 6 y/o), and "Oscar" the Weiner Dog
rtbreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:05 AM   #6

cabinet door

We did order ours from dealer. Just find an existing cabinet door in the rv and order another. We ordered a replacement for the panel below the oven, and hinges and pull knob and catch. They ordered it. Since I didn't want to do this while winter, didn't get it in a hurry, but when in town one day stopped and picked it up.I bet they got it within a week or so, but not certain.
We framed around the opening with some scrap 1x2 we had, and glued and screwed that inside.

Tags
mods plumbing