Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #1

2015 White Hawk 23mbh Black Tank Flush

We just got our 23mbh 2 months ago and absolutely love it! We have been out several times and it is the perfect TT for us. One issue that I have is for some reason the 23mbh does not come with a black tank flush. I knew this when I bought it but figured I could install one myself. Little did I realize that I have the enclosed underbelly and I have no idea where the black tank is actually located. I have read quite a few horror stories about people that have removed (in part or whole) the underbelly cover and made a huge mess. My question is this, has anyone done this mod before and if so does anyone know where I can find out where the black tank is located before I cut anything open?
teamarmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #2

You could use something like a Flush King. It just attaches to the end of the sewer outlet on your TT and then your sewer hose attaches to it. You then hook up the rinse hose to it and it sprays water up into the tank. The Flush King is clear so you can see when the water starts coming out clear indicating a clean tank. We used one with our old TT and it worked good. No cutting into the underbelly or tank.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
I have that with that same trailer and have something similar and it works great. I have a clear straight thru hydroflush. It attaches to the drain outlet and then you attach your drain hose and grey water garden hose to it. My has a off on valve that controls the flow of water back into the tank. There appears to be a straight shot to the black tank so the setup I have and that bluie5 recommended will work great
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #4

I have a black tank flush, and while it is a handy feature; it doesn't work as well as a water hose down the toilet. I'd save the money and use the hose imho. (but i have kids who like to make a t.p. pyramid in the black tank so I guess I need something to blast it apart)
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:20 PM   #5

Note also, the flush king has a twist knob that allows you to direct water into black tank or back down the drain hose to flush it.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #6

Thank you for the great information. So the 23mbh has a straight shot from the valve to the tank? The reason I ask is I did some research and it looks like if you have any bends in the pipe the flush king cannot even get water back into the tank.
teamarmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamarmstrong View Post
The reason I ask is I did some research and it looks like if you have any bends in the pipe the flush king cannot even get water back into the tank.
You are correct about that. I have several bends in my 5er drain pipe and my Sewer Solution only rinses the last couple feet of pipe. I have a factory installed tank rinser but also use one of these about every 4th dump because it does a better job than the installed rinser. This one is from Amazon but I got mine from WalMart for about $7.
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-40094-Sw...wer+flush+wand

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamarmstrong View Post
Thank you for the great information. So the 23mbh has a straight shot from the valve to the tank? The reason I ask is I did some research and it looks like if you have any bends in the pipe the flush king cannot even get water back into the tank.

On the black tank yes. It is raining now do I can't take a picture but I will later. It does work because I thought my tank was clean until I used it and saw lots more TP and brown water ( sorry to be explicit)
Old 06-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #9

Might was to view this video just for the heck of it:

Or just look up "The Fit RV". Kind of gives you an idea of how stuff works, or doesn't work.

I've always installed jets (tornado, no fuss flush etc.) in our tanks if they didn't come with them. On some, I installed 3 in different locations and ran my own new tubing. Never had a failure or issues with a tank. Most tanks or easily accesible to install a jet. Some of the ones I've done required using a 90 deg attachment on the drill to make the hole.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 PM   #10

So after watching the video it appears that if the connection to the black tank is not straight then you are better off with with some kind of flush. I almost take back what I said on the straight shot. I just remembered that I have the closed underbelly on my trailer so even with a picture there may be a bend in the pipe I cannot see. I will say that when I used the hydroflush it appeared that the majority of the water went back into the tank and then when I turned off the water then dirty water came back out. However I'm intrigued enough to try to get pictures tomorrow if nothing more than to satisfy myself I might not need an external flush.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 AM   #11

I've always used the jet nozzles, but was interested to see how the other methods worked in the videos. I like the test they do in another video on the ice cubes "cleaning the tank". Some swear by it, the test shows otherwise. Products such as RV Digest It work way better and will clean sensors and get stuff out of the tank you didn't know was in there, provided you follow the instructions. I've used it, it does work very well. Did it on a friends RV after 2 years of use. After 3 days sitting in the tank, flushed etc, all sensors worked again, and although he thought the tank was clean before starting, it dumped as if it had been in use a while. Just 2 cents worth and a little off topic.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #12

Just wondering if you made a determination about the Flush King. We are considering getting a 23MBH, but I was concerned about the lack of a flush. I do have a flush king and was planning on just using that. I had no idea that bends in the pipe would prevent it from properly flushing.

Thanks!
FullCircleHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #13

I took picture of the pipe under my trailer. As I mentioned earlier what I have works great. Here are my pictures
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436039302.541832.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	19031
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436039319.899388.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	19032
Old 07-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #14

OK, great. Thanks for posting the pictures. I appreciate it!
FullCircleHook is offline   Reply With Quote