Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Add shelving to 23MBH

After some emails with customer support I got a drawing of the non door wall to my 2014 Whitehawk 23 MBH. I want to possibly put up some shelves in the bathroom. There are already two hooks in that wall and the drawing indicates steel backers in the wall. If I remove the hooks does that mean the backers fall to the bottom.

If I put shelves some other place the customer support recommended I get with my dealer to see where any backers are. If I do not use a backer then is there enough string in the luan and foam of the trailer to support shelving for towels?
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:15 PM   #2

We have the same camper as yours. I bought some anchors at Lowes that were made to use in luan to hang things like towel bars and the like. They are rated for 120lbs each in plywood so its a similar application. I hung a 48" towel bar with 2 on each end and it feels solid. Granted its not that thick of a wall but if you had shelves with support under them towels aren't all that heavy.
You could try a stud finder to locate anything solid to screw to as well. Mine will locate wood, steel, and aluminum and it was like $25, also at Lowes. Good luck either way!
bill777x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:54 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to jamaddox
Got the plans back from jayco. No studs in walls but steel backers if they have to drill something in outside walls. The steel backers will stay in place even if you remove the screw because they are sandwiched in the foam that is between the luan and outer shell. That being said it is encouraging to note that you had success. Thank you for your advice
Equalizer WDH with 10k bars
jamaddox is offline   Reply With Quote