Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Jayco Mods
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2016, 05:56 AM   #1

Added whole house water filter to my White Hawk

Added whole house water filter to StormPOD - 2016 Jayco White Hawk 27 DSRL

StormPOD: Whole House Water Filter for Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Taking the rig to Lowes parking lot. Now that's a novel idea that could save all of us some time!! When I finish a plumbing mod, I usually have a bunch of stuff to return.

Looks good and you will reap the benefits over time.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #3

Thank you. I made 7 trips into the store and returned $53 worth of unused items at the end. They were very hospitable.

I explained to the manager that if they carried some basic maintenance items for RV (proflex, eternabond, rv specific hardware) with what they already carry they could advertise what I did as a RV DYI advantage. He took notes.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:14 PM   #4

Added whole house water filter to StormPOD - 2016 Jayco White Hawk 27 DSRL mod details at www.stormpod.org
Attached Thumbnails
20160820_101327.jpg   20160820_101540.jpg   20160820_105509.jpg   20160821_084411.jpg  

Old 08-27-2016, 10:13 PM   #5

Nice job, but have to ask, what motivated doing this? We spend a few less days in our White Hawk, but use one screw on water filter per year. Change it out before we leave on our 6 week winter trip. Can't imagine how the whole house installation can pay for itself when your whole house consists of a bathroom and a kitchen sink. We went 6 years in our previous TT without any filter. Added the blue screw on hose line filter when we got our 2014 W Hawk.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #6

@Bassdogs The primary reason is just because we could. This is a hobby for us. Just as others are into Harley motorbikes or that special vehicle kept in the garage, boats, golf, etc. we have our StormPOD. Always tinkering.

Since 2013 we have used 5-6 TastePURE KDF/Carbon type water filters each season. Paying from $17.00 to $25.00 for a pair. They would fill with debris and slow water flow often to a just drops. I realize that the quality of the water source is a factor. When we were on Jekyll Island we went through 3 filters in 10 days.

The "whole house" came from the type of filter used from the big box store. I like the clean setup of not having the filter outside as well as the weight hanging off the input fixture.

I like reading about mods others make. I share mine. Just having fun.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:08 AM   #7

I like your indoor setup and would like to know what it filters out. I go through a filter every 20 weeks of use and it hangs outside and yes it's a little heavy but the water does taste clean.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 08-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormpod1 View Post
@Bassdogs The primary reason is just because we could. This is a hobby for us. Just as others are into Harley motorbikes or that special vehicle kept in the garage, boats, golf, etc. we have our StormPOD. Always tinkering.

Since 2013 we have used 5-6 TastePURE KDF/Carbon type water filters each season. Paying from $17.00 to $25.00 for a pair. They would fill with debris and slow water flow often to a just drops. I realize that the quality of the water source is a factor. When we were on Jekyll Island we went through 3 filters in 10 days.

The "whole house" came from the type of filter used from the big box store. I like the clean setup of not having the filter outside as well as the weight hanging off the input fixture.

I like reading about mods others make. I share mine. Just having fun.
Not being critical just trying to understand why you picked this mod to do. We use Camco filter system from Walmart for $16 each and we use one each year. You must hook up to some pretty nasty water to get that much debris.

Like you I like to do mods but with an eye to function over cost. Get a lot of ideas from the forum and from asking ??'s like why did you do that. Thought maybe I was missing something.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:37 AM   #9

It will depend on what cartridge you choose to use. I like the Carbon Household Filter. It is made to provide better tasting water. This filter lasts up to 3 months and reduces sediment as well as chlorine taste and odor.

The size needed for this system is a standard 2.5inx10in filter. So there are many options.

What type of filter do you use?

Old 08-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Not being critical just trying to understand why you picked this mod to do. We use Camco filter system from Walmart for $16 each and we use one each year. You must hook up to some pretty nasty water to get that much debris.

Like you I like to do mods but with an eye to function over cost. Get a lot of ideas from the forum and from asking ??'s like why did you do that. Thought maybe I was missing something.
No problem..I am glad yo asked. Agreed that is the best way to understand why. A lot of well water at places we frequent. Mostly sand. I use a screen before the blue filter also. At time of drought (like this summer) I notice it more.

MODS...If I did cost to benefit analysis on mine I would cringe. I do keep a detailed set of books of cost, etc. I can only justify as a hobby.

Always enjoy meeting others that are into mods as am. Thanks for participating.

Tags
27dsrl, stormpod, water tank, whitehawk