Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #1

Another storage addition on x213

I did a bunch of noise insulation around the water pump (sound absorbing foam cabinet lining, mounted the pump on isolating platform, pipe insulation, flex lines etc) so when I was done I added a sound absorbing cover over the water pump - but got some storage space as part of the deal. Works great for storing blankets etc.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0320B.jpg  
RobertCowdery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #2

That a great idea. How much of a difference did your mod make on the noise from the pump?
Old 06-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #3

I did a lot of Mods to get the noise reduced - started with some less effective ones * and some later mods that had a bigger effect***.

1- mounted pump to sponge foam / plywood isolation * (expect foam was too stiff to absorb much noiseévibration and it just went through to floor.
2. Lined pump compartment with spnge foam ** helped but not as much as you expect.
3. Added flex lines / capacity tank - ** great that the pump doesn't kick in for a drink of water in the middle of the night but only moderate impact on overall noise, I would think it would be better if the tank was closer to the pump but I had some mounting/connecting limits.
4. Put pipe insulation over all the pipes I could reach 90% (hot and cold) and ensured everything was well secured. - *** This was the best impact but took a lot of effort to get at most of the piping. Did this initially to help keep hot water hot all the way to the back of the trailer but since I had things apart -added insulation to both hot and cold. think you would get most of the noise impact by insulating the pipes under the kitchen cupboard and the ones leaving the pump area over to the how water tank area.

It's still is a bit annoying as it is still quite noticable when it is quiet in the middle of the night but tollerable now. One downside - hard to hear the pump run out of water - its very quite !!!
RobertCowdery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #4

I noticed on our 213 the pump is only noisy if there is air in the lines.

When I fill the tank I turn on the pump and then I pull the 2 low drain shutoff valves for about 5 seconds. This purges out any air in the system. The pump is then super quiet. i have no insulation around my pump.

Before I figured this out, my water lines would rattle due to the pumps vibrations.