Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2016, 09:05 PM   #141

The trim goes completely over the original trim, screws go directly through the middle of the original trim. I think maybe you can see the predrilled holes in the thread link I posted above. Screws are stainless thus not painted. If y'all need a recent picture or more descriptive pictures I can post some.

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #142

John,

Storage tubes look great!!! Why did you space them down a little from the frame, to make it easier to put the cap "retainer" in? Putting the retainer stakes in mine is probably the one thing I do wish was a little easier, but I wanted to keep as much ground clearance as possible.

Did you bolt the tubes to the Aluminum? I bolted mine to the bottom support. No issues sliding the 4" gutter in and out, but I did line the GPL 7' ladder tube with 1/4" (or so) plywood. Drilled holes large enough so it sits (inside) on the tube, around the bolt heads. Ladder slides in and out pretty easy!

I will update my mods thread (if I can find it! Lol Been a while since I posted in it.) soon if this w/e goes as planned. Cancelled our trip for this w/e, so hoping to get the extra scissor jacks on.

Take care, and hope all is well!

Norty,

I bought the cheap tent stakes at Walmart (maybe $.30 or $.40 or so each...) to keep my caps on. Reshaped them some (no pic) for a close to 90* bend. They just stick through the bottom a little. So far in over 500 miles (guessing, could be a little more) haven't had any issues with the retainer stakes coming out.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:24 PM   #143

I spaced them down due to the gray tank / underbelly clearance. 2 - 1" tubes next to the frame for spacing and one on bottom. Nut / washer on top of flange, nut and washer under the 2 - 1" tubes, 5" post, 1" tube then washer and nut on the bottom. All nuts are nylok.

The posts are bolted with a nylok nut / bolt to the bottom tubing just as a precaution.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #144

Not much here, but it's what I'm working on. Ditching the horseshoe dinette thing. Just doesn't work for us. The table isn't even suitable size for 3 in my family, much less 5, so, it's out of here. Stay tuned for the new one hopefully this week. Keep in mind, this is our HOME, not our weekend warrior rig. Gotta make things work for US. This table is not just for eating, but home schooling 2 of the 3 kids.

And of course the bed frame built by the fine craftsman of Jayco, I mean Jaythor now. I don't know how we haven't ended up in the pass through storage during the night. Oh yeah, I've had temporary jacks under the framing for the last 6 months. Stay tuned for this one too.

On a side note, if anybody is living in the Baton Rouge / Livingston, LA area, I'm 99% sure we'll be residents there by August 1st at Lakeside RV. Look me up if you're down there, or, if you need help with any RV related fixes.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6957.jpg   IMG_6959.jpg  
Old 07-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #145

With a fridge like that, how would you camp at a campground that has no Electric and don't allow generator use.
By the way, we home school 3 kids.
2002 Prowler Lynx (totaled due to tire blowout)
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 07:54 PM   #146

Inverter. Hadn't installed yet, but will soon enough. And of course, we full time. We don't camp with no power. I assure you when the power is out at a whole campground that has electric, that genset rule goes out the window. Been in that situation in several places. Your neighbor may want to borrow power.

My question is, why would you not want a fridge like this? There is no comparison performance wise. Trust me, I've had dometics and norcold over the last 8 rigs, fan mods and all, and there is no comparing with a frost free residential.

Ever wonder why you're seeing more and more residential fridges coming in these rigs, and why now that it's summer your seeing threads about the norcold not cooling well in the heat?
Old 07-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #147

Update. Got the bed frame completed yesterday. No doubt this one won't collapse on us. I divided the pass through from the under bed / interior storage area, which was our preference. I would've insulated, but I'm on a time and budget crunch at the time.

The board / panel you see in the pass through is for a future inverter for the fridge. There is also an access panel under the mattress to access that area if need be.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6986.jpg   IMG_6990.jpg   IMG_6992.jpg   IMG_6994.jpg   IMG_6995.jpg  

Old 07-20-2016, 11:00 PM   #148

And a few more of the final.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6998.jpg   IMG_7001.jpg   IMG_7003.jpg  
Old 07-20-2016, 11:06 PM   #149

And here's the new dinette table, so far. Got the table built, stained, sealed and one coat of poly today. Tomorrow will be 2 more sand / poly coats. Also got the second set of pedestal bases and poles put in. Originally I wanted to build an all out full table with wood bases, but, again, I'm on a budget. The way I'm doing it, I can put it back original very easily when it comes time to sell.

This modification will provide a huge amount of table space compared to the original, which is crucial for homeschooling, full timing, eating etc. My wife was iffy at first, but as usual, she trusts me with any modification.

Thank goodness for Lowes gift cards, or none of this would have happened.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7014.jpg   IMG_7017.jpg   IMG_7030.jpg   IMG_7036.jpg   IMG_7038.jpg  

Old 07-21-2016, 05:12 AM   #150

Looks great!!!! Very nice work.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is online now   Reply With Quote