Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #121

Amazing mods. All with excellent craftsmanship..
Hats off to you sir!
Old 02-05-2016, 08:16 PM   #122

Talk about odd. We had planned and did go look at a few new rigs today anyway. Wife noticed last night that the bathroom sink was cracked next to the faucet. So, while at selling dealer today (great place), just so happened they had a sink in stock. I emailed the crack pictures to them and they gave me everything I needed to replace it site unseen (no charge). Another example of what a dealer should be.

Not sure if I'll replace the shower or not, but gotta go with what works regardless for now. Won't be back at the shop till April or May so I have until then to figure it out. Wife still prefers the tub regardless, and she knows I don't shy away from tearing into stuff to modify.

The kitchen sink will get axed and replaced regardless. Stay tuned.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:28 PM   #123

Thank you jloco.

New sink is in with way better faucet. This one swivels, which I wanted. Same faucet I put in last rig. Guess I need to start keeping them. I really wanted to ditch the cheap garbage sink, but it's almost impossible to find a good bath sink that'll fit in this small space, plus, the new one was free.

Hoping the kitchen sink will last a few more months.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #124

Nice upgrade, John.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:18 PM   #125

so the dicor doesnt crack under this sealant ? Man I like the look and how easy the application should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
3) Roof TLC. Everybody has their opinion on what works and doesn't work on a roof. Believe me, I have researched almost every one manufactured and talked with all of them. I haven't kept a rig long enough to justify doing a sprayed roof, so I've done other things. The last several rigs, I've just coated the seams and other areas. On the EPDM roofs, we use the ProGuard Liquid Roof. On this TPO roof, we used another product made by ProGuard that you can't buy in any RV store. Similar to the Liquid Roof though. The stuff fills every void, and makes a nice slick surface, and cleans easier than the roof itself. No more lap sealant deteriorating, turning black etc. We used this method while full timing, and I can tell you it looked the same the day we sold it as it did the day it was put on. Of course coated the skylights as well. If you saw my previous mod with the insulation, panel and LED decoration in the ceiling, you'd know why it's coated.

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #126

So far, no. Nothing can get to the dicor to deteriorate it. I keep in touch with a dealer that does the same thing to every new unit they get on the lot. Have seen some come back years later, no issues. They use the PG Liquid Roof since everything they sell has EPDM. Looks and goes on the same though. I will take some pictures of mine through out the time of ownership. First will be 6 months exposed to everything and sitting under trees as well. Not the first rig we've done this too, but just want to show the results over time to those who question what I do. If you do chose to go this route, I can give you the contact info and some photos of the product. As I have said before, I like Eternabond and understand why people use it. However, being a mod addict that I am, I want something that I can undo later a little easier, easy to apply, lasts a very long time, and holds up well to all elements.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #127

Quote:
So far, no. Nothing can get to the dicor to deteriorate it. I keep in touch with a dealer that does the same thing to every new unit they get on the lot. Have seen some come back years later, no issues. They use the PG Liquid Roof since everything they sell has EPDM. Looks and goes on the same though. I will take some pictures of mine through out the time of ownership. First will be 6 months exposed to everything and sitting under trees as well. Not the first rig we've done this too, but just want to show the results over time to those who question what I do. If you do chose to go this route, I can give you the contact info and some photos of the product. However, being a mod addict that I am, I want something that I can undo later a little easier, easy to apply, lasts a very long time, and holds up well to all elements.
John, quick question. I have an Alpha Ply roof. PG website only mentions EPDM or TPO for their products. Now for the question, is Alpha Ply and TPO one in the same? Thanks, Terry
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #128

I wish I could answer that for sure. Alpha Ply now does the Superflex roof, which according to Alpha, is a type of TPO. I'm not exactly sure what the Alpha Ply was, but I "think" it was a type of TPO also. That's what is on my brother in law's jayco, and due to the lack of chalking and black streaks, I say TPO. EPDM is obvious by the chalk and streaks usually.

What I'd do is contact Alpha and PG. ProGuard is familiar with a lot of roofs. That's how I came up with using the product I did. Contacted, explained what I was doing, what roof I had etc. Alpha could answer the "what is it" question, probably. They did when I asked about the Superflex, which is what is on another roof I'm fixing to do.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #129

Please don't anyone believe the 12 year warranty on rubber roofs being offered on new RV's. At least one manufacturer, I can assure you, offers so little after 5 years in service it isn't even worth the ink it takes to print 12 years on their literature.

No more rubber roof, either material, for me EVER!

Three weeks ago we had a storm pass through the campground where I am hosting and many limbs were knocked down including one 150+ year old oak tree. A couple of the RV's had minor roof damage (small holes/tears from the falling limbs), but no damage other than to the roof membrane. My RV Flex Armor got nothing but clean from all of the rain.

When I purchase another RV it will go straight to the nearest RV Flex Armor application site before I even move in. I consider this upgrade just a required part of the purchase price.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:58 PM   #130

I agree Ed. I'm probably one of their biggest supporters, even though I don't own one. It's just one of those things I wish I could have. Being I'm probably fixing to be out of work and probably never see this kind of income again, it's not an option now or in the near future for us. Neither is a new full time rig unfortunately. So, just going with the best I can do for now.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #131

Sewer Hose / Ladder Storage

Been a while since I posted anything, but have been out of work since March, so mods and such have been at a minimum. BUT, received another donation to feed my addiction, so got another project done. I've got a few people that like to see me feeding my addiction to working on these things day after day, so every now and then, a nice gift shows up. I know it's been done a 100 times, but figured I'd post it since I finally got mine done. I had bought the PVC fence posts last year while I was still working, but never got around to it, then of course the oilfield went to the pits and there the posts sat idle, until today.

Pretty simple. 1x1 aluminum tubing, 5/16" all-thread, nylock nuts, washers, 5x5 PVC fence posts and caps, and 4" rain gutters with some wood inserts and handles. The front post houses one of those 7' ladders that fold into a square, the rear holds the sewer hose and fittings. Yes, I drilled the frame, but like all of our rigs, the warranty pretty much got voided the first week I owned it. No worse than the 100 other holes drilled in it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6784.jpg   IMG_6785.jpg   IMG_6787.jpg   IMG_6789.jpg   IMG_6793.jpg  

Old 06-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #132

Nice work as always John!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:47 PM   #133

Thank you Tom.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:22 AM   #134
Site Team

Nice looking version of that mod. One question, How did you attach the caps on the outside ends?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:25 AM   #135

Caps just have a hole drilled from top to bottom and have a 1/4" bolt with keeper pin on the bottom. May not be the final version, but it was the quickest to get it usable for now.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #136

What did you use on the lower moulding /trim separating the side wall and the aluminum bottom piece running the length of the camper? On my 2016, the trim piece and aluminum are black and when exposed to sun expand causing the caulked seal to fail.
6 year Navy Vet (Bubblehead)
22 year Volunteer Firefighter (retired)
5 year Fire District Commissioner
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:10 AM   #137

Hey Cosmo. The trim is not stock for sure. I did that modification last year as the seal continually failed and molding warped. Here's the link to that thread, page 3 has pictures I think.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...t-30448-3.html

Not a problem since, plus I like the look better. Used black on the from and rear to change it up.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #138

thanks, great idea.still don't know what they are thinking with these dark colors.
6 year Navy Vet (Bubblehead)
22 year Volunteer Firefighter (retired)
5 year Fire District Commissioner
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 AM   #139

Biggest problem is the way that trim is secured, or lack thereof. I've had that same trim on other rigs with no problem. Easier to do what I did though instead of pulling all the skirts and trim off.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:48 PM   #140

Quote:
Hey Cosmo. The trim is not stock for sure. I did that modification last year as the seal continually failed and molding warped. Here's the link to that thread, page 3 has pictures I think.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...t-30448-3.html

Not a problem since, plus I like the look better. Used black on the from and rear to change it up.
BigJohn, I'd forgotten about this thread. Glad you reposted it!
Did you wind up painting the screws and do the screws go above, below or through the original trim strip? It looks like they might be just below.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote