Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #21

We'll new strip is installed in the existing channel. Used short piece of 3m tape to secure each end. Hooked everything up [temp] using the 110 power supply and all was good. At first nothing worked so I checked for power and replugged everything. Problem was I had the 4 pin connector backwards. REMEMBER TO CHECK EACH SIDE OF THE PLUG FOR VERY SMALL ARROWS THAT INDICATE THE CORRECT WAY TO PLUG THE POWER TO THE LIGHT STRIP. At that point lights popped on and it all worked. Tomorrow I will seal up and mount the control box and direct connect the 12v power to the oem wiring.

Answered my own ??. The 2nd white wire coming from the control box is the IR eye. Would be nice if the manufacturer would include an instruction sheet. My plan is to drill a small hole in the side of the upright awning rail and insert the IR eye facing outward toward the door. That should solve the remote to sensor issue without having to open the awning at all.

Thanks for all the input from everyone. With no instructions, we all learn from the folks who tackled this first. Other than 95 degrees outside, this was an easy mod. Should have done it sooner. Now thinking I will add another strip to the awning side kitchen slide.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #22

How long is this led strip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
pittsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #23

My OE LED light strip isn't working, the power connection has broken loose. Was looking at replacing it with the colored strip and controller.

My stock one is in a plastic channel that has warped along its length. It seems to be captured in the groove where the awning mounts into the aluminum channel and won't pull loose. Does anyone else that has replaced the lighting have the same setup and removed the plastic channel already?

How wide is the controller block? My awning has 1.5" space inside the channel.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #24

I recently replaced mine. Some sections were a little snug from the adhesive, just took a little tug and they slid right out. Some used a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive as they pulled.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhollywood View Post
I recently replaced mine. Some sections were a little snug from the adhesive, just took a little tug and they slid right out. Some used a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive as they pulled.
So the tab portion on the channel that holds the inside end of the awning is glued in? Mine is a Dometic awning, don't know if they all are. I tried pulling it away on one end but it didn't budge. I'll look at again on the weekend.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #26

Got the led channel strip out of the awning. It wraps in behind the awning in the aluminum channel so I had to pull it out the end after removing the screws. Min was all warped so it wasn't usable for new lighting. The LED strip still works even though the wires had broken off the end so I'll use it elsewhere.