Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #1

Coach side grill mount

I decided I did not like the grill mounted onthe side of the coach and under the awning, so I purchased a Weber Q to haul around. This left me with the factory grill and mounting hardware I will probably never use. Has anyone used the mounting hardware to build a table or utility shelf? This would be very useful and probably my next mod

I think it woud be a useful place to out drinks or snacks...
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #2

I am getting ready to do the exact same thing with my dinette table. I too am scared to use any kind of flame under my awing. I am also shortning the seat next to the counter top, to give me a little more space to move around. We have never used the dinette and figured that more floor space would make more sence. I will post pictures when I am finished.
bigdaddy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #3

I bought these to make my mod. Maybe these can help you make up your mind. The first link is for the piece that attaches to the metal piece that your outside grill mounts to. The second, folding leg brackets so the table will lay flat.

http://www.amazon.com/Patrick-Metals-164922-Support-Sliding/dp/B004OHTRE0/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y[/URL]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bigdaddy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #4

I built a table to attach to the grill mount, I have a camp chef stove and wanted a table for prepping dinner. I built adjustable table legs to be able to keep the table level when the terrain was not the same as where the trailer sits (most often)

However, I found I did not like the table being locked in one place to the side of the trailer, and just this week changed the table legs to traditional folding legs, I think it is going to be more versatile than the attached table

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #5

My 2002 Jayco had the table that came with rail to attach to the interior wall in the dinette or the outside rail . A Jayco dealer or a salvage yard might be able to get to one or use some plywood,a table leg & rail from one of the camper parts houses & counter top material then have at it. have fun Larry
Old 07-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #6

Yep, built me a shelf for the tv. Somewhere in the mod section is pics.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Arvee View Post
I decided I did not like the grill mounted onthe side of the coach and under the awning, so I purchased a Weber Q to haul around. This left me with the factory grill and mounting hardware I will probably never use. Has anyone used the mounting hardware to build a table or utility shelf? This would be very useful and probably my next mod

I think it woud be a useful place to out drinks or snacks...
I did exactly what you are talking about. I also bought a "Baby Q". I then took the outside tilt-down grill (mounted to the tilt-down door hatch) and turned it into a tilt-down table of sorts. I threw the attached grill away and cut the angle brackets to size, re-mounted them with the existing screws then re-pop riveted the steel cables to the tilt-down door angle brackets. Now, the door tilts down and the steel cables hold the table in the horizontal position. This may not make sense if your outside grill is different than mine. But if your grill set up is similar to mine, this should make some sinse. I could post some pictures if you are interested and think this is what you are looking for. Its amazing how just one picture could probably explain better than all of my ramblings

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote