Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #61

so i ended up calling a technician out to the camper, turns out the switch on the furnace, actually turns off the central air as well.. for some odd reason the tech. couldnt figure out how to install the new thermostat anyway so i just put the old one back in place, completely bypassed the furnace for now.
pjwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22FB2010Tim View Post
Due to a limit to number of images, here is the next part of the digital thermostat modification:

The high (green wire) and low speed (light green wire) pigtails are tied in with wire caps and pushed back into the wall.

The center common of the switch is tied to the Fan output terminal (GL)
The Red wire goes to the AC Compressor turn on signal terminal (Y)
The White wire goes to the Heater terminal (W)
The Red/White wire goes to the Heater terminal (Rc) which is has a jumper to (Rh)

Here is a diagram of the wiring before with the old thermostat:

And here is the new thermostat wiring diagram:

Hello...I am hoping someone has a quick fix for my problem. I just purchased a Jayco trailer where the old thermostat was in the process of being replaced with the Hopewell model. Unfortunately I didn't get to see how the wiring was on the old thermostat. Mine has the 4 AC wires (blue, red, white, green) along with the 2 heater wires (red and white). Per the above image with the "Power Dist" connected to ground, my trailer doesn't have that wire, so I am wondering where do I connect the blue wire since I don't have the "Power Dist" option? Is this just the ground? Moreover, I don't see on mine that there was a ground wire in the old thermostat setup. Any help would be much appreciated.
wjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote