I purchased a 50ft roll of 4" EternaBond sealer tape (comes in 6" wide as well) last year with the intent of covering some of the critical TT seams, well..., finally got to it a couple of weeks ago while camping.
The two main areas that I wanted to use the EternaBond was on the front/rear roof seams where it joins with the front/rear end walls. In my case only the front Filon wall cap had a top radius that joined with the flat roof surface, the rear wall didn't have a top radius like some TT models.
I wasn't experiencing any leaks, so this was a "preventative modification" that would provide a long lasting solution in lieu of caulking.
All my caulking was in good shape, so I didn't have to remove any compromised caulking (not sticking to surface material, etc.) prior to applying the EnternaBond tape over the existing caulking. I cleaned all surfaces with lacquer thinner applied to a cloth, then wiped the surface over with a damp cloth (water). I found pre-cutting the EnternaBond tape to the lengths required made it easier to handle while applying it to the specific area(s)..., especially when removing the film covering the "sticky side" during the application process.
As I was applying the tape to the surface I used a 1" wide roller to put pressure on the tape that in turn activated the adhesive. Be aware that once you start putting pressure on the tape it won't come back up without a fight! I applied some Dicor self-leveling caulk along the leading "wind" edge of the tape, and around the tape over-lapping areas (wasn't necessary).
Front Roof/Cap seam:
Rear Roof/Wall trim seams:
While I was at it, I also removed the original OEM tape from the slide seam and replaced it with EnternaBond. There were a couple of spots where the screw heads where working their way through the tape, so thought I better address this before it became a problem. This was a little more of a project because I had to use a hot hair dryer to work up the old tape, and it took about an hour to get it all up. The new EnternaBond tape is a little dirty because the pic was taken a week later at a different CG.
I decided not to apply EnternaBond around the vents, skylight, etc., thinking if I should have to replace these items for any reason it will be easier to deal with the caulking.
Next project.., remove old caulking, and re-seal my marker lights because the existing caulking has hardened and is showing signs of cracking.