Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBUGMAN View Post
Might save myself a headache......

I think that awning is a terrible design.. You get the awning over the picnic table (and thats where it seems to go on the KOA sites we have been on)

and you are thereby blocked from leaving in that direction.. Too many headbangings experienced by leaving from the side.. Why does it have to be so?

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:19 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
I think that awning is a terrible design.. You get the awning over the picnic table (and thats where it seems to go on the KOA sites we have been on)

and you are thereby blocked from leaving in that direction.. Too many headbangings experienced by leaving from the side.. Why does it have to be so?
It is not great, i haven't banged mine on it yet, but i have been lucky enough to have sites sloping away from where i park the trailer. I am sure once i get one that slopes towards i will be in for a world of frustration as i am 6'0 and on level ground there is about 1-2" of clearance.
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:20 AM   #23

Quote:
Yes, it is mounted to the factory hanger. I purchased this from eBay:
Coleman Fleetwood Pop Up camper Outside Stove Hanger Original Equipment | eBay
This is perfect thanks, i will be ordering one this week!
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:02 PM   #24

Digital Thermostat

In preparation for our final outing of the year, I installed a LuxPro 2 Wire Digital Thermostat from plumbersstock.com.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3193 (1).jpg  
FIREBUGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:49 PM   #25

Key Holder.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3797.jpg  
Old 07-29-2017, 09:57 PM   #26

LED Step Light and Switch
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3759.jpg   IMG_3760.jpg  
Old 07-30-2017, 10:11 PM   #27

Hi, I did a similar mod to the bed/kitchen table/couch. We did this so we can sleep with the sides/bunks closed especially in cold and inclement weather.

Jayfeather 16 XRB
Ford Explorer V8
MagooIsBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #28

Quote:
No pictures, but I installed two front stabilizer jacks today (the 16XRB only comes with them in the rear).

I de-winterized on Friday and I'll sanitize the plumbing tomorrow. One step closer to the inaugural run!
My 16xrb has 4 stabilizer jacks. I love all of your mods.

Jayfeather 16 XRB
Ford Explorer V8
Old 08-05-2017, 08:31 PM   #29

Nothing too terribly exciting, but I "installed" a plug cover and a coiled cable for the emergency trailer brake.
Attached Thumbnails
Cable.jpg   plug cover.jpg  
Old 08-09-2017, 05:56 AM   #30

Great work.

Good thing we're not neighbors......we'd never be able to leave our driveways for camping due to our ongoing mod wars

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ome-41831.html
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #31

Two quick mods I did this week in preparation for our long weekend (I'll post pics later):

In the pic above of my outside step light, you can see that the bottom step is kind of shadowed by the top step when exiting the camper. So i bought some 1" glow-in-the-dark tread tape and applied 3 strips on the top of the bottom step. Haven't had the chance to see how they look after dark yet.

The lack of a paper towel holder was driving me nuts so I searched around (thanks eBay) and found a basic holder and mounted it under cabinet above the sink.
InterDesign Orbinni Paper Towel Holder for Kitchen Wall Mount/Under Cabinet NEW

Oh, and I finally bought a bottle jack.

Like I said, pics to follow.....
Old 08-16-2017, 11:38 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tundra View Post
Great work.

Good thing we're not neighbors......we'd never be able to leave our driveways for camping due to our ongoing mod wars
Lol!!!

And thanks.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #33

Hi, on my jayco, my awning bars have a quick release lever which allows me to take the bottom end of the poles off of the trailer and sit them on the ground - which reduces the opportunity for head whacking. I do agree they are rather annoying when left attached to the trailer as they are in really awkward positions.

Jayfeather 16 XRB
Ford Explorer V8
Old 08-24-2017, 11:41 AM   #34

Quote:
I finally finished my outside stove project. My wife hardly ever cooked in our old pop-up and was disappointed to learn that our new trailer only had a grill option for outside.

So, we purchased a low-pressure stove top, cover, hose, countertop remnant, rail hanger and a couple of brackets for the lower brace, which I fabricated from a piece of conduit and painted. The back splash tile was left over from our interior project. The whole unit weighs just over 20 pounds and it worked like a charm on our maiden voyage this weekend. Total cost - just under $175. More important - wife is a happy camper!
Nice! How do you store and protect this when underway? I've always used Coleman stoves when cooking outside but this looks quicker and easier to set up. Do you use something else when grilling?
Old 08-24-2017, 11:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFryer View Post
Nice! How do you store and protect this when underway? I've always used Coleman stoves when cooking outside but this looks quicker and easier to set up. Do you use something else when grilling?
We store it underneath the dinette table. I keep it on top of a carpeted floor mat so it doesn't slide around.

As for grilling, we use a cheapo propane tabletop grille (that I think works better than our big grille at home) similar to this:
https://www.menards.com/main/outdoor...inStoreId=3140
Old 08-26-2017, 07:57 AM   #36

Disregard. I hadn't read all the replies before I posted this. The question had been answered.

Did you lose use of your shower with this mod?

Quote:
We've had out new TT for 8 days. 2 mods done already.

Bathroom Storage

I just finished this insert for the shower in our new 16XRB.
Sterilite Wide 3-Drawer Cart, some MDF, 2 plastic socket flanges, pipe clamps and PVC pipe. Bottom drawer left out and the space will be used for shoe storage.

Shirts on the bar, shorts or pants on the top, my socks and stuff in the top drawer, wife's socks in the second drawer and shoes and flip-flops on the bottom. The MDF is the decking which fits inside the rim of the shower pan.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 01:36 PM   #37

Hinge question

Quote:
Additional Sleeping Area

Even before we brought the TT home, my wife was trying to figure out how to increase the sleeping area. Here's what we came up with and it wouldn't be too hard for Jayco to improve on...

Supplies - 1/2" plywood, "piano" hinges, PVC pipe and 3 more plastic socket flanges.

When in the "storage" position, the bed addition is underneath the storage lid with the flanges facing down. We flip the unit over (so the flanges are topside), fold over the bed addition and install the legs. The flanges used for the feet stay attached to the legs.

Arrange the cushions as desired. There is enough room for 2 and the perfect solution for a quick overnighter if you don't want to fold down the ends or if the weather is crappy. Or, if you need to increase your occupancy!!

Design was fairly simple but it took some trial and error and dry fitting to get it perfect. My wife was very happy with the result and I think the total cost was less than $50.

Was wondering what you attached the hinges to on the bench side. It's just a thin ¼inch panel. Also, the brown paneling that is on the face of the bench is slightly higher than the top of the top panel to keep it and the cushion in place. This would prevent using a hinge unless you trimmed it down the entire width of the bench.

Hope you still monitor this old post. We just bought the same camper and want to make that area a bed also.
Thanks!
zwebslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 04:40 PM   #38

plastic socket flanges

Love the bed addition. I've already purchased the wood, hinge and pvc but I can NOT find those low profile plastic socket flanges.
Could you please share where you found them?

No idea how you kept your cost at around $50, especially with wood as high as it has been!
Thanks in advance.
zwebslinger is offline   Reply With Quote