This post is not a DIY instruction on how install a wood stove in your rig. This is just purely for entertainment purposes only!. This is not for all RV'ers. I live In my RV.
I have just installed my wood stove area in my Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 5th Wheel.
Here is what I used....
1. Installed a 50 year old 1" thick of Italian Marble for the floor area.
2. Installed 1/2" Durarock for all three walls on the slide.
3. Covered the Durarock fireboard with Stainless Steel Sheets.
4. Used 1"X1" board for the walls for air ventilation between wall and the floor for the Durarock Fireboard.
5. I have bought double wall flue pipe. I will be going out the back of the stove then up outside of my 5th Wheel. ( Video Coming Soon! )
Some people may say this is not safe for and RV. Now the people that say that may have not done the extensive research like I have to come to the conclusion that I can may it safe for me. This is not for everyone. I have 3 fire extinguishers and 2 carbon monoxide devices. I have been told from other people that it is quite overkill the way I did this. It maybe true but I wanted piece of mind to make sure it is safe for me. Sure it cost a little more but how much money would to spend to make it safe for you?
I feel will all the research I have done it will be safe for my 5th wheel. My Hobbit Wood Stove will be here sometime next week. I should have it completed less than 2 hours after
I have received the wood stove next week.
The video will be up soon.
Hobbit Wood Stove Info:
FAQ â€” Hobbit North America