Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2016, 08:32 AM   #1

Hose and cord management

I've used these for years for cords and air hoses in my shop. Now that I have a TT I didn't see a reason not to use them there too.
This is a 25' fresh water hose in the standard size holder. I have their XL version coming from Amazon today to hold my 50' freshwater hose. Once I do the 30 amp cord mod I'll grab another to hold it too. They are a great way to keep things tidy and protected.
Just thought I'd pass along the idea!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:59 AM   #2

Brilliant idea!
Here's the link to Amazon for anyone looking.
http://amzn.to/2byTwFk

Read About My Camping World Nightmare
Loosenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
Brilliant idea!
Thanks for throwing up the link Loosenuts! Totally spaced that, here's the link to the product video that shows how it works.
https://youtu.be/RIASDFJ2Kbw
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Old 08-30-2016, 09:13 AM   #4

I totally forgot about these things. We had them on the dock for ropes, power and water.
These will be perfect for use with the trailer!!

Old 08-30-2016, 09:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosenuts View Post
Brilliant idea!
Affiliate links in the forum?!
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Affiliate links in the forum?!
This thread is a place for these type posts. Any thing that brings you a financial reward will be swiftly discouraged.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...rst-33447.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
This thread is a place for these type posts. Any thing that brings you a financial reward will be swiftly discouraged.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f5...rst-33447.html
Cool, I asked the question because the post above mine contained an affiliate link to amazon. amzn.to/* is a revenue link.

I figured (was correct) that this isn't allowed here.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Cool, I asked the question because the post above mine contained an affiliate link to amazon. amzn.to/* is a revenue link.

I figured (was correct) that this isn't allowed here.
Really??? Are you the forum police? OP was providing a link for where to buy the item (which I clicked on so I could see some of the amazon product reviews).
16Eagle314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Eagle314BHDS View Post
Really??? Are you the forum police? OP was providing a link for where to buy the item (which I clicked on so I could see some of the amazon product reviews).
I don't think you get it, or understand the difference between an affiliate link, and a normal link into Amazon.com. That's cool, a lot of people don't. I'll explain.

Amazon affiliates are provided with unique URL's into Amazon to give to their 'customers' - amazon affiliates are subcontractors that get paid by amazon. The links affiliates provide you give you one click access into an item in the amazon catalog that they receive CASH for when you make the purchase. *The link that was provided to you was an affiliate link.* How do I know? I am an Amazon affiliate and the shorthand naming convention for those links is "amzn.to(plus some random chars here)". But I have the ethical fortitude to not farm my links on this forum (unlike others).

It bothers me because as a blogger that follows the rules - I know we are not allowed to provide our amazon affiliate links on this forum. It also violates the TOS with Amazon and can result in said person getting their affiliate account shut down. I do not believe this forum is the proper place to be farming for customers, and I know I'm right because their are specific rules against it - both here - and on the Amazon side. Does that make me the forum police?? or just someone that want *you to know* that you are being marketed to by said person. We all have to play by the same rules and when I see another affiliate abusing them, it irritates me.

This is *not* a case of someone sending you a link to amazon so you can check out a product - I do that myself and I don't get paid when you click on mine. This is a case of someone profiting from the fact that you clicked on *their affiliate link*

Hope that makes sense. If you don't mind being farmed for product that results in a commission for the poster, that's fine with me. I find it unethical when the relationship with Amazon is not disclosed, and as it turns out, against policy here as well.

Do what you will with said information. It was a community service announcement.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #10

Consider me "educated". Honestly I could care less if the poster receives a couple of cents in his Amazon cash account for posting an affiliate link rather than a regular link to Amazon. What's the difference anyway if I were to buy the item it would theoretically be the same price - I would be happy that someone was able to get a few cents off of it rather than all the profit going to Amazon.

I understand that it's against the rules and shame on the poster for ignoring them. I'm pretty sure his intent was not to market...

Thank you for keeping this forum safer for all of us. I appreciate it.
16Eagle314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #11

I know you can't post affiliate links in the products reviews section but I saw nothing in the Forum Admin Sticky do's & don'ts (or any other stickies) that say I can't post them in regular posts. If I'm wrong then I apologize, force of habit.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:45 PM   #12

Being fairly new to any type of forums just this year, I am certainly learning a lot. I had no idea that it was even possible for someone to make money off of a link. I will keep my eye out. Thank you Bansai for the great info for ignorant folks like myself. When I read the rules I will admit that there were certain things I kind of glanced over quickly because I had not idea what it meant. I have a lot left to learn I am sure.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SB SRW
schiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Eagle314BHDS View Post
Consider me "educated". Honestly I could care less if the poster receives a couple of cents in his Amazon cash account for posting an affiliate link rather than a regular link to Amazon. What's the difference anyway if I were to buy the item it would theoretically be the same price - I would be happy that someone was able to get a few cents off of it rather than all the profit going to Amazon.

I understand that it's against the rules and shame on the poster for ignoring them. I'm pretty sure his intent was not to market...

Thank you for keeping this forum safer for all of us. I appreciate it.
No worries in any case. Seriously. My first reply to this thread was basically a WTF ?!?! that's an affiliate link? - the main reason I even got involved is because if that's ok, I'm going to start doing it too! , I received clarification that it isn't ok - and the community here is better off as a result. We want to know when someone says hey! this product rocks! they are doing so because it does, not because they get 6% of the sale.

Can you be both unbiased in your assessment of a product + get a small commission at the same time? Absolutely yes. I do it on my own blog and I'm not ashamed of it. Frankly, if Amazon doesn't sell it, it probably doesn't exist, and if it doesn't cost you more to buy through me or someone else what's the problem if it's a product you need or want? The problem is you have no reason to trust that I say I am unbiased except my word and that trust is *easily* broken when you farm out your affiliate links without full disclosure (even on sites where said behavior IS allowed)
Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #14

Ok guys, I didn't start the thread, I didn't say "Hey you need to buy these, here's the link" (which I have seen some posts actually do). Someone else said "Hey I use these". I tabbed to my amazon page and found it and bought a couple for myself and posted the link for everyone else. Did I use my affiliate tool to create the link, yes, because I always buy everything for myself through my own affiliate links, so I pasted that link. I am sorry that I broke some rule that I still can't find.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #15

This may have been blown a bit out of proportion.. no harm no foul from my end...

Here's the relevant info:

" Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established and then only as proscribed by the site management."

"http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f18/forum-rules-and-etiquette-22351.html"

All I really wanted was clarification on the above when I saw your link. Making ZERO assumptions as to how it got there, why, what the motivation was, etc.. Buying your own stuff through your own affiliate links gets you zero gain from Amazon and while the effort to link to your affiliate URL is trivial, it takes a concerted effort, but I digress. Moving on

I need some good cord storage options too and I'll probably hit your link because hitting my own would be pointless.

Take care -
Mark
Old 08-30-2016, 08:04 PM   #16

Well I'm glad we all got a lesson on Amazon links today lol! Appreciate the heads up bansai. I had no idea that was an issue or even existed

Anyways, back to our regular programming. The CordPro XL showed up and fit my 50' freshawater hose with no issue. I also went ahead and used one for my 25' black tank flush hose. So as of now both fresh water hoses and my black tank flush hose are all nice and tidy in their CordPro homes. Even though the black tank hose is in the "black water tote", I think I'll use a black sharpie and mark the yellow case to avoid any mistakes!
I sure wish I would have thought of using these sooner!
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Old 08-31-2016, 07:06 AM   #17

Actually, you can get money back by buying from your own Amazon Affiliate links. All you need are two Amazon accounts (setup under two emails like your home and work address). Setup the Affiliate account under one and buy under the other.
Not that I would ever do that.

So my local Church camp has an affiliate account that we use to fund scholarships for kids in the county (one of the poorest in Georgia) around the Camp. These kids are rarely even members of our denomination.
Is that kind of affiliate link OK if disclosed next to the link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote